BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't waste your time on Alice lake. There are 3 or 4 lakes around that area that are much better to fish, and also 10 times more peaceful. Alice lake is infested with screaming kids and their families, and on Canada day long weekend it will be an absolute gong show. If that sounds like fun to you then go nuts....

·
Registered
917 Posts
Fishing the lakes in the Squamish area during the summer months can be difficult as the trout tend to be less active. Spring or fall is your best bet. Alice lake use to produce several fish in the 10 - 12 inch range. It has plenty of shore access and even a dock. It wasn't uncommon to hook several dozen trout during a nice cool spring or fall day. The trout are quite gullible and popular flies such as spratelys, careys, halfbacks, leeches and the like are a good bet. Spinners (e.g. panther martins) and bait (e.g. worms) also will hook fish.

Unfortunately, Alice Lake's fish stocking was substantially reduced last year - and I have no idea why. Considering it is the most popular lake in the area, I would think that fishing would be a great opportunity for family fun. It's a great place for kids to learn and catch fish, considering the shore access and general ease of catching the trout.

On the other hand, I agree that Alice can be quite busy with lots of family activities, other than fishing, going on! There are other more secluded lakes in the area. Stump lake is the closest lake and is a short hike from Alice. Shore access is limited, however, so I'd recommend a water craft such as a float tube. Edith is also in the vicinity, though I've never fished it.

Good luck and have fun! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
they wont be stocking alice lake anymore because it has a resident cutthroat population , small population but its definatly growing in numbers and size . if you will be fishing the stocked squamish lakes in the summer , you have to go early early morning , thats the only time the bite is on , after 7 or 8am its off. size 1 blue fox spinners work great for me

·
Registered
917 Posts
mr.bare said:
they wont be stocking alice lake anymore because it has a resident cutthroat population , small population but its definatly growing in numbers and size . if you will be fishing the stocked squamish lakes in the summer , you have to go early early morning , thats the only time the bite is on , after 7 or 8am its off. size 1 blue fox spinners work great for me
I see. I do recall hooking a number of small cutties that did not at all resemble stocked fish. Btw - I see that the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC is planning on stocking Alice with 500 catchables this spring. Please see below:

http://www.gofishbc.com/r2plans.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.