BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had an allergic reaction on Jensen Eggs? I'm allergic to seafood and broke out in hives after fishing on the weekend :-[

I'm guessing there is more than just anise in there formula.

I'm trying to narrow down what I was in contact with and what might have set off an attack. Has anyone had a similar experience?

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Anise oil itself can cause some problems for people. However, it is usually immediate. If you had a non localized breakout of hives, you might want to look carefully at what was consumed during the previous day. Hives are generally a result of "consumption" rather than "contact"......Ortho 8)

· Registered
5,163 Posts
JBarns said:
Has any one had an allergic reaction on Jensen Eggs? I'm allergic to seafood and broke out in hives after fishing on the weekend :-[

I'm guessing there is more than just anise in there formula.

I'm trying to narrow down what I was in contact with and what might have set off an attack. Has anyone had a similar experience?
It sounds like a sign from up above to me! ;) Maybe he is saying, "time to fish only feathers" ;D

:cheers: Rick

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it was a message from above! I was using a wool and Jensen egg combination on my spey rod...it must have been punishment. I would hate to give up this combination since it has been highly successful and resulting in multiple hook ups the last two times I've been out. ;)

I might have to stick to just wool; which happens to be a lot cheaper than flies when you are often hitting bottom or snags. ;D

· Registered
909 Posts
Nah, I prefer Gooey Gobs they have that stick to your gut quality.
Can't say I've ever heard of a reaction to jensen eggs though
CD

· Premium Member
2,719 Posts
LOL this could go places........ as some know there is a for the most part bait ban on the Island..... I swear up and down that ya cant use them as they are scented..... Most CO's will not ticket you for using them...... If it was them that did it ...i win ;D

· Registered
225 Posts
JBarns said:
I would hate to give up this combination since it has been highly successful and resulting in multiple hook ups the last two times I've been out. ;)

I might have to stick to just wool; which happens to be a lot cheaper than flies when you are often hitting bottom or snags. ;D
....could always wear surgical gloves. Where there's a will, there's a fish. ;)

· Registered
59 Posts
I never would have thought that anyone could have an allergic readtion to jensen eggs. When you find out what it was, I'd like to know what it is that could cause such a reaction.

As for jensen eggs being scented.....I always though that they were considered to be scented. Even if they weren't, I don't think that I'd be using them because they're a little messy and stinky for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.