BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything around this time of year? I know the chum won't move in for a while but wanted a quick trip out this weekend and some peace and quiet..... however watching the float getting pulled under would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The only thing around right now are swimmers, and lots of them. You maybe hooking the odd tube or air mattress.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you want a quiet place to fish go explore the sloughs on the way to Pitt Lake for some bass action.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I used to fish the Allouette when I lived in Maple Ridge about 12 years ago. We had some good fishing for Coho there. Is the run still decent? I remembeer going up the canyon to watch the coho try to make it up the waterfall to get to the hatchery.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I used to fish the Allouette when I lived in Maple Ridge about 12 years ago. We had some good fishing for Coho there. Is the run still decent? I remembeer going up the canyon to watch the coho try to make it up the waterfall to get to the hatchery.
Are you sure it was the Alouette? Might have been another ditch in the area you are typing about. :cheers: sage

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There's a canyon surrounding the Alouette? News to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been fly fishing the river this summer with success. Lots of small fish. I have found that the larger trout seem to be lower in the river system. I have not seen any salmon. The hatchery has reported that 100 sockeye have returned to the river! This is great news! Lots of smaller trout available around the area. If you are on the river please take some bags with you and help clean up the area. Many river users this summer have made a mess of the area. You can make a few bucks by picking up the empties!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wait you are right, it was Kananka Creek. Sorry I got mixed up.
Gotcha. Well to answer your question about the river, from what I last heard the Kanaka run is somewhat battered and not in too good of shape number-wise. Personally I stay away because of this, just to help relieve the pressure.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah that's a shame. I remember back then you could keep coho jacks but not full size ones. It's too bad that it has come to that because we had some fun days out there close to home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just live a few blocks from the south allouette river around 224th but ive never really considered fishing it till now... Just wondering what species I should be targeting if I go? And any specific lures recommended for a spinning setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts