BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was just wondering if there was good fishing from shore at alouette lake. A couple of friends and I are wanting to go trout fishing next weekend but we dont have a boat or any knowledge of the lakes around here. I was just wondering if maybe some of you guys could give us some advice as to where to go.
Thanks =)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Wow at this time of year the ski's the limit.....I think it's more about discovery or pic your favorite place. Allouette down by the dam can be good for Kokanee.

Good luck

Marko

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know when you lose a fish and you think it could be the biggest one you ever caught on a lake and then the line breaks? That happened today. I got the strike and then I handed the rod to my wife. she was bringing it in just fine and the all of a sudden WOW. She gave the rod back and the fight was on. I never got to see the fish and I thought that this was going to be the one that would make someone eat a shirt. 6lb test and it broke near the fly. Great fight and a lot of fun. All I want to do is get back on the water and try again. All I can say is that some big fish lurk in this lake and that you should stay away from the boat launch on a long weekend. That and you shouldnt launch a sailboat at the dock and then tie up for over an hour. And I dont think you should launch a broken boat and then when you descover you cant start it, leave it tied up to the boat launch and try to do your repairs??? Took 3 nice kokanee home a nd early released many more, plus the big one that got away. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where abouts on the lake did you try for kokanee? Not too familiar with fishing on Alouette...much closer than driving out to Kawkawa Lake

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Right opposite the boat launch is good. I was there at the weekend. Try down about 30 feet with a kokanee killer and worm or fly and worm on a fast sinking fly-line.

·
Registered
72 Posts
arrgh! How do you get your line down 30ft? Downrigger? leadcore? Isn't that overkill for kokanee? Cheers

Right opposite the boat launch is good. I was there at the weekend. Try down about 30 feet with a kokanee killer and worm or fly and worm on a fast sinking fly-line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts