BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Alouette lake today to check it out. First time there. I walked down to the south east picnic area by the boat launch and had a look around. Doesn't look like there is access to the west side from there, so I decide to get away from the volleyball and head up the east side. Walked up for about ten minutes and found a trail down to the water in a nice quiet spot. Hooked up my rig (still fishing with a floater with some weight and shrimp about 1 m down). Was there about 1.5 hrs, but not much luck there, no action at all.

I decided to bush whack it up the east side a bit more. So I just started walking through the woods. This lasted a little while until the second stream crossing. I didn't want to take apart my rig so I was carrying it as well as my storage tube and it was bit much as the forest got denser.

Instead I decided to get in the car and drive down to the Alouette river. I parked just at the bridge at McNeaves road and walked down to a mud bar really close to the bridge. Fished there for about 1/2 an hour with similar results. I almost caught a snag but it got away. Pretty sure it was a big one.

The education continues.

·
Registered
517 Posts
darylect said:
Went up to Alouette lake today to check it out. First time there. I walked down to the south east picnic area by the boat launch and had a look around. Doesn't look like there is access to the west side from there, so I decide to get away from the volleyball and head up the east side. Walked up for about ten minutes and found a trail down to the water in a nice quiet spot. Hooked up my rig (still fishing with a floater with some weight and shrimp about 1 m down). Was there about 1.5 hrs, but not much luck there, no action at all.

I decided to bush whack it up the east side a bit more. So I just started walking through the woods. This lasted a little while until the second stream crossing. I didn't want to take apart my rig so I was carrying it as well as my storage tube and it was bit much as the forest got denser.

Instead I decided to get in the car and drive down to the Alouette river. I parked just at the bridge at McNeaves road and walked down to a mud bar really close to the bridge. Fished there for about 1/2 an hour with similar results. I almost caught a snag but it got away. Pretty sure it was a big one.

The education continues.
I hope you enjoyed your day darylect, after all fishing is only part of each trip out there. I don't personally fish the Alouette, but I am sure there are people here that do fish there. I am sure someone will be able to help you indicating good spots and equipments.

:beerchug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.