BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Alouette for the first time in a long time yesterday. Caught 3 kokanee, all about 12-14", one brown trout about 3 pounds, and a nice 15" cuttie. Tons of fish on the sounder but the action wasn't prolific. Kokanne hit a silver/pink spoon behind a mini gang troll, the others hit on small flatfish. Was fishing with a long time Alouette angler and yes, he has caught lakers in there! Even saw the pictures to prove it! He did admit they are few and far between, but has logged many hours on the down-rigger with BIG lures and gets 1 or 2 a year. I know this won't result in any shirts being consumed, but with any luck I'll tag along in the winter months with my camera and get some solid proof! I enjoyed the change of pace from the river, but don't think I'll be converting to a full time lake troller any time soon. Still, it was an enjoyable day on the lake. I really did enjoy the kokanne floured and pan fried, it's been a long time since I've had that kind of snack!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brown trout??? Sure it wasn't just a dolly or bull trout?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they both start with B

Yeah, it was a bull trout, different spots than a dolly. I was a little tired when I wrote my report!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Chronic, it's funny but I did the same thing. Went up to give lake fishing a try with the Thunder Jet and wrestled it around the lake with the kicker for a few Kokanees. It was fun hanging out with my daughter fishing early season plus we fried them up with a batter and flour. I share your sentiment about converting to lake and trout fishing as well. My passion is the big fish, waste deep in the water and casting all day. Not to say you won't see me trying to steer the boat around the lake again soon. It tracks like a bathtub when the winds above 5 kts though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts