BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dragged gear for a few hours today at Alouette. 12 Hits lost 3 at the boat, left my daughter to try to get them in on her own. She had fun despite losing the fish. My son brought in two nice Kok's on Friday. Seems like they are hitting on Black Wedding Bands with worms, right on the surface. I dragged reppella's from my down rigger's at 60 - 90 ' with no success. Just the top rods had a sniff.

Hitting Chilliwack lake from now on. Gate and launch opens May 1. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post on this heaven sent message board - I've fished Alouette the past few years with mostly unspectacular results. I was hoping for some friendly veteran knowledge on particular areas of the lake to concentrate on. I've had good luck in the past for koks in the shallows (out from the large beach on the west side), but little else of any size. I'm mostly trolling with raps from the top to 100', rarely picking anything up in the deep - Although, I should mention that I came across a monstrous return on my fishfinder one day, that showed a size to be at least 25' long! The mass was unlikely a glitch. I was in a couple hundred feet of water, and it was about half way down. School of fish or Submarine or...??
Looking forward to sharing my fishin' missions, and gleaning some new tips.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
We decided to try Alouette lake today for our first time. We trolled red wedding bands with worms and got one small Kokanee. Which was released unharmed. Its definitely a big beautiful lake - just would have been nicer to catch a few more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.