BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of taking my 8 year old daughter to Alouette lake this weekend to do some trolling for possibly the last time this year. I would appreciate some tips on how to fish it and where, as I have never fished that lake before. Thx

· Registered
72 Posts
I'd suggest across from the boat launch by the semi submerged dead trees. Be a bit careful around there though. I've had success with a willow leaf with wedding band (red, black, or green), tipped with a bit of worm. You can troll from that area all the way past the hatchery. It can also get quite windy, usually mid-late morning till mid-lat afternoon. Good luck and let us know how you did. :)

· Registered
1,386 Posts
I hear theres Lakers in there ;) ::)

Lots of good fishing on the alouette. Try Gold Creek or the narrows, I like to troll wedding bands with a worm, can't beat it! If you want to try and tempt a laker try trolling near the hatchery around 60-80ft, try using a coyote spoon with a flasher.

· Registered
351 Posts
I've had luck for bows and cutties with Tomic wee tad plugs trolled 100' back with an ounce of weight.Action tended to be better with some chop on the surface.

· Registered
308 Posts
lol... read reply #3 in this topic waddy29... "try using a coyote spoon with a flasher" ;) Anyways, someone I know caught a 33lber and a 35lber (don't know if this is common, or if they get bigger, but I imagine they top out around that weight).

Good luck,
Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.