BC Fishing Reports banner

Alouette lake

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Sea Nymph 
#1 ·
I was thinking of taking my 8 year old daughter to Alouette lake this weekend to do some trolling for possibly the last time this year. I would appreciate some tips on how to fish it and where, as I have never fished that lake before. Thx

#2 ·
I'd suggest across from the boat launch by the semi submerged dead trees. Be a bit careful around there though. I've had success with a willow leaf with wedding band (red, black, or green), tipped with a bit of worm. You can troll from that area all the way past the hatchery. It can also get quite windy, usually mid-late morning till mid-lat afternoon. Good luck and let us know how you did. :)

#4 ·
I hear theres Lakers in there ;) ::)

Lots of good fishing on the alouette. Try Gold Creek or the narrows, I like to troll wedding bands with a worm, can't beat it! If you want to try and tempt a laker try trolling near the hatchery around 60-80ft, try using a coyote spoon with a flasher.

#6 ·
I've had luck for bows and cutties with Tomic wee tad plugs trolled 100' back with an ounce of weight.Action tended to be better with some chop on the surface.

#8 ·
lol... read reply #3 in this topic waddy29... "try using a coyote spoon with a flasher" ;) Anyways, someone I know caught a 33lber and a 35lber (don't know if this is common, or if they get bigger, but I imagine they top out around that weight).

Good luck,
Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.