BC Fishing Reports banner

How many times a year(season) do you fish the Alouette Lake?

• at least 1nce a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to 4 times a year

• 5 - 10 times a year

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas, ive been waiting a long time for tomorow. Tomorow is the first sunny day in about 2 months and finally I have a chance to hit the lake. First thing in the morning its off to the Alouette. I will be fishing about 2 - 4km from the boat launch and trolling deep.
Talk to you all in the evening.

BCfisher

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just got back an hour ago. Lake was BEEEEAAAAAUUUUUTTTTTTTIIIIIFFFFFFUUUUULLLLLLL. It was perfectly still and glistened like glass. Not a sole nearby and I was set for a good day fishn.
For the first hour I cruzed around the lower lake taken pictures and enjoying the sunrise. Didnt start fishing till I hit the upper. (usually I dont venture that far up the lake, but with the lake so calm I got up there very smooth and very fast) Fished the narrows with no luck. Trolled from there heading north and caught a small rainbow about 8" C&R. Fished threw-out the bays in the upper with no bites, but wow what a veiw. Oh with all that rain we've had over the weeks there must have been some nasty mudslides in the upper. Past the narrows there is debis evrywhere for about 2km. Very intresting to see. So with the Upper Alouette not producing much I headed back down towards the Lower bays. Trolled deep there with No Darn bites at all. I was very disapointed. I dont know what it was, it was the nicest day to be out there but the fish were like dorment or something!? Except for the one rainbow there was not much action out there guys. Can anyone tell me when is the best times to fish for trout in lakes? Or is it basically an all year deal? But just being out there in the sun without any other boats roaring around made it worth it. Hopefully it will pick up soon Chris.

BCfisher

·
Registered
28 Posts
Alouette starts to fish really well near the end of March. the kokanne fishing is almost to easy most days. Before I moved to the Cariboo I fished Alouette most weekends from Feb til mid May. I tried many times to catch a laker outta there, riggers full nine yards, but no luck which is kind of strange as lakers are usually so easy? Cheers.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Allouette is a really hard lake to fish(kokanee in the spring time aside) and so is Stave. Really hit and miss, some days the lakes seem barren.

·
Registered
477 Posts
A thing to remember is that the water in these lakes is much colder than others. So I imagine the fish might be sluggish most days in the winter. Wait for the spring time...I'd like to try there myself. Rainbow Rapala's fished deep for the larger fish....

·
Registered
225 Posts
"How many times a year(season) do you fish the Alouette Lake?
at least 1nce a year
3 to 4 times a year
5 - 10 times a year"

lived in Van my entire life and I've never been.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

First shot of the day on Monday from the boat launch area.

Theweev, if you have a boat I would recomend going to this lake at least once. Aside from the fishing which is pretty good at times, its absolutly beutifull. Also if your a camper, there are many camping spots around the lake for the summer months.
Just a question to all, where do you guys fish when at Alouette and with what gear?
Thanks intrested to know of any other spots since this is such a huge lake.

BCfisher

·
Registered
555 Posts
When I fish alouette, I fish it for kokanee. I go across the lake from the boatlaunch towards the stumps then up the lake a bit. I get as close to shore as I can without getting into the snags. I fish with my flyrod, and I use a fast sinking line with any sort of small fly that is black or yellow, damsels seem to work well. Wedding bands seem to do well if you want to use gear.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have fished the lake many times over the last 10 years with limited results. The only time of the year when the trout fishing is hot is in the middle of October. This is a man made lake that is very deep and very cold so there is not alot of feed for the fish. My best spots have been directly across from the launch at the creek mouthand further up by the stumps and up by the hatchery that is now not in operation any more. I think most of the fish I used to catch probably were hanging around to get feed from the hatchery. I havent been to the lake for about a year. On my last trip up there I hit black ice and slid off the road boat trailer and all. I got out of that relativly unscathed. After putting the old Jeep in 4 WD and plowing out of the under brush I launched the boat and promptly got lost in the fog! After trolling in circles for half an hour I found the boat launch and got the hell out of there! Havent been back since. :shock:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow what a story, that bites.
Man made? really?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Had good results for cutties a few years ago trolling tomic wee-tads with 1 oz. of weight and a small pink/pearl wood plug behind a chrome flasher with 2 oz. or on the rigger at 30'-40'.Best results were around the hatchery area when there was a bit of chop on the water.Have marked lots of big fish on the sounder at about 80' deep just past the hatchery along a drop off but have had no luck picking one off yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts