BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went today, tried out the new pin. Casts great, love it. Disspointed to say that I didn't have any hook ups or even a nibble (except maybe on my first cast but I'm not sure cuz I was acting like an amateur and didn't set it). Also dissapointed to say that most of the chum are spawned out, and didn't see a single coho all day from the bridge on 232nd to hot rocks/Davidson's Pool. Too bad, was hoping to get into some fish today. Guess the rivers pretty much done, except maybe in the lower?

:cheers:

PS. Mods: Please keep this post in here, if it's made public I don't want to hear crap about "This river is too small to be reporting on". Thanks.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Well the chum have been in there since the beginning of October so that is why they are now spawned out but I do not know why you would be dissapointed in that as there is ZERO retention for chum on that system.

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
reelangler said:

PS. Mods: Please keep this post in here, if it's made public I don't want to hear crap about "This river is too small to be reporting on". Thanks.
Too funny but what's with the beer chugging guy with the hat ? :D

:beerchug: Marko

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Hey reelangler, don't let those kind of responses get you down, that's what you get sometimes. Forget about it.

It must have been fun fishing with your new reel for the first time today...! Islander right? I am sure you will enjoy that reel for many, many years to come. :thumbup:

I gather by your original post, that you were kinda hinting you weren't sure what to expect from the allouette these days, as you didn't see much action and were probably hoping someone who knew the river well could give you some tips.

I'd be happy to throw some info your way, just shoot me a pm, and I'll get back to you.

rib

· Registered
224 Posts
ribwart said:
Hey reelangler, don't let those kind of responses get you down, that's what you get sometimes. Forget about it.

It must have been fun fishing with your new reel for the first time today...! Islander right? I am sure you will enjoy that reel for many, many years to come. :thumbup:

I gather by your original post, that you were kinda hinting you weren't sure what to expect from the allouette these days, as you didn't see much action and were probably hoping someone who knew the river well could give you some tips.

I'd be happy to throw some info your way, just shoot me a pm, and I'll get back to you.

rib
Us locals just dont give out information on these local rivers to just anybody. We put in our time and found out the good spots and what works over time. I have shown people over time and will continue to do so but I will never publicly give out hotspots and tips for the whole world to see.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
PumpingIron said:
Us locals just dont give out information on these local rivers to just anybody. We put in our time and found out the good spots and what works over time. I have shown people over time and will continue to do so but I will never publicly give out hotspots and tips for the whole world to see.
Sounds about right to me pumping iron, that's the way I did it, and I wouldn't publically give out hotspots either.

Just shoot me a pm reelangler if you'd like to talk about the allouette, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. I'll say right now that many of the anglers who know this river well, treat it with the utmost respect. The river is fragile and wouldn't sustain any significant pressure. Many of the locals, and those who know the river spend time up there cleaning the river banks and packing garbage out whenever they find it, be it their own or whatever they see laying on the banks. Many of us will release fish as well, despite the fact we are allowed at different times of the year, to retain certain species. Treat it well...

rib

· Registered
3,796 Posts
The idea behind the 50 posts forum is to allow rational discussion of more protected spots and systems among a smaller number of anglers who, by having contributed more than 50 post, have demonstrated their interest in, and, hopefully, ethical approach to fishing.

· Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for jumping out there guys telling me I don't know a river after the one year i've fished it. No harm done, cuz I don't really care, but next time try treating people with respect. It shouldn't make a difference whether im a "kid" or not... people are people.

As for my post...

I don't remember asking for help, I respect how all of you locals (I am one too) have spent your hours out on the Alouette and now know where to fish, with success. I am capable of doing this myself aswell, as is everyone else ( I was not asking for your spots) . I went out there on Sunday to explore, and try to find some of the fresher fish, and seeing as it was my first time out to the Alouette this year I wasn't sure what kind of shape it would be in. And I found out, the fishing is pretty much done. The fish are all spawned out, as I said.

And in addition to my post...

I was simply just giving information to inform people that may be planning to go there so they know that all the fish are spawning or have spawned already, so don't go and disturb the fish. It's done, waste of time for chums.

flyguy said:
Well the chum have been in there since the beginning of October so that is why they are now spawned out but I do not know why you would be dissapointed in that as there is ZERO retention for chum on that system.
This doesn't even begin to make sense. Fighting a chrome fish is better than a coloured one, doesn't mean I plan on retaining.

ribwart said:
Many of the locals, and those who know the river spend time up there cleaning the river banks and packing garbage out whenever they find it, be it their own or whatever they see laying on the banks. Many of us will release fish as well, despite the fact we are allowed at different times of the year, to retain certain species. Treat it well...

rib
Myself, I'm strictly catch and release on any stream, I help out when I can if I can. To me, it doesn't matter if I can keep fish, I'm going to release them anyways, any fish saved is more fish in return I like to think. Reminds me, Ortho, are we going to do another clean up this year?

PumpingIron said:
Please refer to my original post, I didn't ask for your good spots. Just making a report.

PumpingIron said:
Reelangler I didnt realize you were a kid. I apologize for being so harsh. I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full. If you want some suggestions and help with this river send me a PM.
No help necessary, thanks, i'll figure it out myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.