BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good aluminum protectant/clearcoat that's easy to apply and can be purchased locally? I use to use this product called (SHARKHIDE). It was great stuff, you could just wipe it on with a rag and it dried almost instantly. I only had to apply it once a year, but I can't find the stuff anymore. I think maybe it's getting hard to ship it across the border. Has anyone used a product called Alumetron made by Aurora? I found a place that carries it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Submerged:

Give Marie Holloway, our parts and services manager at Brigantine, a call at 604-530-2497 to see if she can track down Sharkhide. If she can (and she’s very good at finding things) we can have it sent to us.

Best,

MichaelR

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Submerged:

Give Marie Holloway, our parts and services manager at Brigantine, a call at 604-530-2497 to see if she can track down Sharkhide. If she can (and she’s very good at finding things) we can have it sent to us.

Best,

MichaelR

Thanks. I was hoping to find a product that wasn't so hard to get, but I do like the way sharkhide works. If I don't hear of anything or find anything else soon, I'll definately take your advise and give Marie a call.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is the stuff is called Sharkhide
Yeah, I did order it from them directly in the past and it got held up at the border, ended up costing me a bundle in brokerage fees. I also ordered it from Seattle once, and the guy who shipped it to me was smart, he disguised it in a propellor box to clear customs. I then found a place in Vancouver, (Galleon Marine) who carried it. That's where I got it last year, but now they quit carrying it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided to take arrghs advice and order it from the Sharkhide website again. I talked to one of the sales reps and he assured me it "should" be smooth sailing. I'll find out in about a week. Hopefully FedEx doesn't slam me with a whole pile of duty and brokerage fees.

Thanks to everyone who replied

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just received the 2 quarts of Sharkhide that I ordered through their website, and luckily I wasn't charged any duty or brokerage. It was smooth sailing just as the salesman promised. It took 1 week, not bad.

"But does it shine??" Yes catchinmorefish, it does shine. It's a pretty cool product. You can just wipe it on with a rag and it keeps your boat looking like new. It only takes me about 3 hours to coat the whole boat inside and out, 21'. You need to wear a respirator when you apply it cause the vapors are pretty bad, but that's not a big deal. And by the lack of replies to my main question regarding other aluminum protectants, I'm guessing there's not a lot of these products to choose from. So if you're looking for one you might want to try Sharkhide.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks Submerged for the reply, my boat is polished and I do like the look, but its a pain to clean. Probably will try it this fall.

Well I just received the 2 quarts of Sharkhide that I ordered through their website, and luckily I wasn't charged any duty or brokerage. It was smooth sailing just as the salesman promised. It took 1 week, not bad.

"But does it shine??" Yes catchinmorefish, it does shine. It's a pretty cool product. You can just wipe it on with a rag and it keeps your boat looking like new. It only takes me about 3 hours to coat the whole boat inside and out, 21'. You need to wear a respirator when you apply it cause the vapors are pretty bad, but that's not a big deal. And by the lack of replies to my main question regarding other aluminum protectants, I'm guessing there's not a lot of these products to choose from. So if you're looking for one you might want to try Sharkhide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts