BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Chrome...

I have not seen too many fishing off the beach....they tend to be over closer to the mouth of the Cap. Having said that I know that there are fish caught off the beach and I seem to remember FishOrtho mentioning something about it last year or the year prior. May not have been Ortho, but it definitely was a member on this site.

You may want to post this up in the Freshwater (region 2) area as I think you will find fairly similar techniques used at the mouth.

On a side note.....I don't think you see too many fly-guy's on the beach....I think they tend to chuck more "gear"? Bear in mind....I am generally out on the water....playing "guide" so I don't pay too much attention to what is happening on the shore. Always have to keep an eye out for boats out there that don't really know what they are doing. :wallbash:

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Ayup.....that was me......I have had pretty good success fishing along the Ambleside Beaches as well as a few others on the 'shore....Have yet to fish the fly in these areas, except for pinks up at Britannia Beach, but it could be done, especially when their are schools of coho milling about...They are caught at the mouth of the Cap on a fly, but not sure about the rest of the area....Chucking spinners and other hardware can be produtive, for sure.........Ortho 8)

· Registered
3,378 Posts
No float required, but I agree with the above...pencil lead (run the line thru the lead so you don't set up any vibrations in the water).......and 4-5 ft. leader.....You can use almost any small spoon, spinner, but one common fact is fish both sides on each tide...You will save a lot of time....Ortho 8)

· Registered
72 Posts
This is an interesting thread. :thumbup: I've been a lake fisherman and only last year started to fish for pinks (I know pinks are every 2 years) and coho from shore, in the Richmond area and also in Cates park. I would very much appreciate if some of the local experts can steer me in the right direction for additional information on fishing Ambelside beach. I really don't mean to impose, just looking for a couple links that would provide enough information to get me started, i.e., 2 or 3 locations at or nearby ambleside, tide in or out, good months to fish from the beach, line strength. Would the species be chinook or coho? Are they very close to the surface or a bit deeper? weight amount? Fire me off a private note if you wish.

Thanks a bunch all! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.