BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished at Ambleside at 2:00pm with Dogbreath. We were looking for pinks and maybe a coho but nothing jumping so moved to Bell Bouy about 3:30. A guy on another boat lost a good fish close to the Bouy. We hooked up a jack while realling in the deep six line... problably in 20' of water on a green hoochie. About an hour after tide change of the last marker from Spanish Bank we picked up one in the high teens on the planner about 30' with the green hoochie and silver, purple, green and blue flasher. Lost it by the boat... again :wallbash:. Got the line in the water again and in five minutes had another hit a 35' on the downrigger, popped off the clip and was on for a minute but no good hook set, it came off - probalby a smaller one. Quite a about 6ish.

Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I really hate days like that. I remember a day on the Kitimat when I hooked five large springs during the day and lost all five due to five different set of problems.....just one of those days!!! :(......Ortho 8)........the next day I landed a 62 and a 58...........Ahhhhhh yah!

·
Registered
770 Posts
bigjay said:
Fished at Ambleside at 2:00pm with Dogbreath. We were looking for pinks and maybe a coho but nothing jumping so moved to Bell Bouy about 3:30. A guy on another boat lost a good fish close to the Bouy. We hooked up a jack while realling in the deep six line... problably in 20' of water on a green hoochie. About an hour after tide change of the last marker from Spanish Bank we picked up one in the high teens on the planner about 30' with the green hoochie and silver, purple, green and blue flasher. Lost it by the boat... again :wallbash:. Got the line in the water again and in five minutes had another hit a 35' on the downrigger, popped off the clip and was on for a minute but no good hook set, it came off - probalby a smaller one. Quite a about 6ish.

Have fun, Jason
You did well for fishing with a planer...

·
Registered
770 Posts
I made it out yesterday afternoon and stayed until sunset. We went home with 4 clipped Coho...all 3/4 lbs. Lost 2 others. Still Coho to be found out there. Many other boats out yesterday didn't fare so well. The mornings have been better....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you only count the catching part, the planner - a #1 pink Deep Six - does really well. Its the twelve foot leader on a ten foot mooching rod in a fifteen foot boat that causes the problems. In fact when fishing the Bell Bouy area it picks up the fish 2 to 1 compared to the down rigger. However, I would rather have a second down rigger.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
770 Posts
Fishing is heating up. Cohoes fishing well this morning. 3 Springs hauled out of there as well......a 30, 25, and 22. All on 'Chovies between 32 and 52 feet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
headed out friday evening to ambleside. had one good hit on blood and bones hootchie but seemed really quite over tgere on the fish finder so headed over to spanish banks and there the finder lit up with fish had a couple strikes but failed (again) to hook one. so bbq,d a steak instead of the salmon i was hoping for :pissed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.