BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of Mine asked me to post the following

The issues surrounding the Closing Down (decommissioning) of West Vancouver’s only Public Boat Launching facility is on the agenda for tonight’s West Vancouver City Council Meeting.

The meeting will be held at West Van City Hall at 7:00PM April 17th (Tonight)

West Vancouver Municipal Hall 750 - 17th Street West Vancouver

If you enjoy salt water fishing he's asking every one to attend this meeting

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wondering what came up @ the meeting? Can anyone shed some light? What would be really nice would be if they dredged that launch out a bit so that it was usable @ low tide.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Let's just hope the launch can be saved, I really think they can sit on logs and not on another bench. One small area for boaters is not to much to ask for .

·
Registered
770 Posts
Let's just hope the launch can be saved, I really think they can sit on logs and not on another bench. One small area for boaters is not to much to ask for .
West Van's launch sucks, just as Vancouver's Vanier Parks does. If you want a launch which offers better tie up options and is much safer overall on both tides..then email your support of getting the Vancouver launch fixed. At least 2 boats get swamped each year while launching or trailering is attempted in bigger seas at West Van.

See this thread about Vancouver's Launch and email if you support a better facility!!!

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forums/threads/15564-Vanier-Park-Launch-needs-a-refit!!!

Either way, West Van's and Vancouver's launch facilities are in DIRE need of fixing. MacDonald Beach may well soon be the ONLY reasonable launch on all tides.

·
Registered
708 Posts
with so much water being on a coast line and with the Fraser river running through the lower mainland, it's amazing the lack of value all levels of goverment put in boating. We should have a mirage of ramps to choose from locally. Boating is expensive and ramps fees can be also. To have only a few public ramps scattered about is almost criminal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts