BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these rods? I have been following the discussions about Amundson in general lately, but just noticed they have a Sturgeon rod on sale at A+N for $69.99. and was wondering if anyone has used or heard anything about them. Or would it be better just to pay another $10 and get the Big Cat or $20 and get a Trophy rod? :confused:

FF :beerchug:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
im not sure if i would grab one of their rods but for another $20 the Trophy's are widely used and have good reps. when i look at sturgeon rods i like to see how strong they are by pulling the tips as far as i can. i looked at one once and couldnt really bend it hardly :confused:

I dont own any sturgeon gear yet cause i need the boat first but i have played with a bunch. you should ask BENT ROD or MIKE D. on this site they sturgeon fish ALOT and not to mention BR is a guide and should be testing out new gear all the time.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have herd from a guide that these rods have the same feel and performance as the technium. He has landed many BIG fish with these rods. I have only casted a fly rod( the new ones) and they feel pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
kingpin said:
dont touch amundson.... one word TECHNIUM. after countless big fish these rods still perform excellent.
2nd the techs

I have been runnin the trophies, and if you like the sound of snap crackle and pop, without the kellogs rice crispies, then buy one...lol they make one hell of a lot of noise when fighting a big fish....

Techinums don't and are super light so ur arm doesn't fall asleep as fast haha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Techniums are your best of the cheaper Sturgeon rods, designed for the Fraser Sturgeon fishery.
I use Lamiglas Rods as they are the most lightweight and sensitive rods out there and worth the very little extra, and they have tightened up there warranty stuff 100%, LIFETIME WARRANTY(YOU WONT GET THAT FROM SHIMANO).

·
Registered
423 Posts
you wont get lifetime warranty from Lamiglass either, I have 5 honey colored sturgeon rods,I had six but Lamiglass said that they didnt want to warranty my rod..blew it up on a fish in the canyon... great rods but SHitty service....
Lamiglass are way better than the techniums... they just bend better all the way through...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these rods? I have been following the discussions about Amundson in general lately, but just noticed they have a Sturgeon rod on sale at A+N for $69.99. and was wondering if anyone has used or heard anything about them. Or would it be better just to pay another $10 and get the Big Cat or $20 and get a Trophy rod? :confused:

FF :beerchug:
Hi there ,
I have 3 of the Amundsun Sturgeon rod and if your looking for great rod in this category this is the rod. This rod comes with a warranty and has all rhe features apart from paying the $175 tag a shimano charges when these rods come in at $100. Trust me they a a great rod and the orange tips area nice touch for noticing those light bites. My entire boat has all these rods and give them a 100% .
Hope this helps see you out there .

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Bent Rod , What Lamiglas sturgeon rod are you using on your boat ?
Being a Lamiglas pro staffer, he has lots of their product, but not sure if he uses them exclusively for Sturgeon. I think he might have used at one time a 7040 C based on some old video footage I have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.