BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... just got back from an awesome little lake I know of and had a fantastic time fishing for small bows :thumbup: we caught 23 of the little suckers but none over 14 inches the smallest being around 8 inches once we had our fun fishing for bows we hi tailed it two the other end of the lake and caught a few nice brooks before deciding to get some river fishing in so we chucked a few flies and got some more small bows before I landed the catch of the day...a 26 inch rainbow :drunk:...now thats what I call a day of fishing

cheers :cheers:

· Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like a good time! My father-in-law and I once caught 31 'bows in 2 hours at Fish Lake (aptly named) so I know how much fun it can be! Good job! Cheers!

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
That's awesome. What part of the Valley were you fishing? I live in Kelowna and there are lots of great lakes that really pick up on the dry fly around 6:00 pm. What was your presentation? Please share!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the lake is up in the monashees...right at the top :-X :peace:

as for patterns and presentation we were casting hatheumme nymphs on sinking line and retreieving with 3 short pulls followed by 2 long ones (for brookies and 'bows) in the river the smaller fish were caught on stimulators and the big bow (the only fish that bit on this fly) we used something like this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.