BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My Canadian Friends! I'm Mike from Wenatchee, WA and this is my first post on your forum. I come over and fish in the Sooke area 2 or 3 times a year and I wonder if anyone can answer a question that has puzzled me? Do you use anchovies over herring because they work better or because they are more available? In the states anchovies are hard to find but herring is everywhere and I find it just the opposite in Canada. However, if you go to a fishing camp at Rivers Inlet they use more herring than anchovies. So which works best? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
249 Posts
It really depends on where you are fishing. Try and find out what the stomach contents are of the caught fish. In the Vancouver area all you will find in the fish for the most part are little Stickle Backs which are about 3 inches long so the small anchovy works better. If you use large herring here you are wasting your time. Also small 2.5 inch spoons.

Over at Gabriola on the weekend the fellas were saying all their fish had 2 inch baby herring in them so try and find something that mirrors what they are eating...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.