BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: :D

Has anyone fished anderson lake recently. I am going there on saturday for the 1st time and I am wondering what works the best on this lake. Also wondering what is the best depth to fish at.

Thanx

·
Registered
730 Posts
I know someone who was in the area no luck with the bows yet but some nice dollies, said water was still very cold. Was a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Friend of a friend fishes Anderson and the other big dolly/bull lakes. If you approach these lakes as a small ocean and use gear similar, yet lighter than salt stuff, the rewards can be good. Anderson can produce 15 lb fish and maybe even a 20. I believe the guy uses tomic style plugs and big spoons as well as those new velcro style baits that you can get to roll like a cut plug and smother with scent.
Something I have tried a few times now and not had much action, perhaps it's time to spring for the downrigger, as I,m told it's the key. Very easy to find the bait fish if you have a good sounder, so getting depth right is important.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
those are some pretty vague directions there Rosco :?

how bout you tell my dad exactly where it happens to be when you see him at work next LOL

HOOK

·
Registered
730 Posts
located approx 20 km east of lilloet, joins seton lake via seton river 8 km long great fishing in this river,, both anderson and seton lakes are fairly large lakes with the larger Carpenter lake located just north of seton lake,

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well seeing as i dont know the area up there your explanation means nothing to me

HA HA HA HA

it sounds like a great place to go and fish seeing there is a river (did you mean between the two lakes) to fish as well

i know the rivers out of the lower mainland are pretty good on dry flies :D :D :D which is always fun

thanks Rosco

HOOK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anderson Lake report

I was up there last weekend and fished off the shore near the mouth of a stream at The Red Bard RV site. I spin cast and drift floated some single eggs with no bites but the guy next to me was drift floting roe and caught a nice 18" dolly and has a couple more that got away.

FYI Anerson Lake is located 50KM past Pemberton at the town of Darcy. Justfollow the signs out of Pemberton. There is also a awesome Sporting gear store in Pemberton well worth a visit. Darcy is the end of the road unless you have 4x4. The Red Barn is right there, can't miss it.
Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts