BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just heard on the news were to expect high low 30's today and 34 for tomorrow,time to head off to the water slides for some fun in the sun 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts
And my air conditioner just had the compressor go. I guess the wife and kids will just have to suffer for this one heat wave :happy: . I guess I better go get me some more beer :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flyguy said:
And my air conditioner just had the compressor go. I guess the wife and kids will just have to suffer for this one heat wave :happy: . I guess I better go get me some more beer :thumbup:
beer is always good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Hope it doesn't do as much damage in other countries as 2 years ago (?) when so many older people died in France because of heat wave. We're still lucky here. If we get 35 degrees here in Canada, how much more could that be in Africa? I don't wanna think of it. I'm still glad we have Cultus Lake and Vedder...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Try working all day out in this doing concrete work and only getting a 15 min break for lunch :wallbash: Can any one say heat stroke :wallbash: Hopefully it comes to an end soon, to say the least, today wasn't enjoyable at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
I know what you mean about the wet though... no fun walking through 1 foot deep puddles in steel toed boots, let alone the 1 foot deep clay that you sink into as well, but I think I would still prefer that over the heat.... Cant wait till Tuesday!!!!!!! ;D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
Every Day said:
Try working all day out in this doing concrete work and only getting a 15 min break for lunch :wallbash: Can any one say heat stroke :wallbash: Hopefully it comes to an end soon, to say the least, today wasn't enjoyable at all.
Thats nothing, try working in this heat running 4 huge furnaces in a foundry melting aluminum and brass at 1500 and 2500 degress, I do that 8 hours a day , I drink 5-8 litres of water a day and only piss twice the rest i swet out.. If some of you dont know what a foundry is we melt metal into sand moulds making castings parts

this is what i do in this rediculous heat (me on the left)



Me on the left, see how close we are to the pots, when we pull those pots out there 1500 degrees



Here you can see the furnaces blazing heat all day !!!





This weather kills me - it gets so hot i get sick when i go home
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
oh i know the foundry like FF my dad works at one and i worked there many years ago. I do however work in a lumber mill and am outside working hard all day long but at least im not in the direct sunlight, and i dont really work that hard most of the time :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FishFreak said:
Every Day said:
Try working all day out in this doing concrete work and only getting a 15 min break for lunch :wallbash: Can any one say heat stroke :wallbash: Hopefully it comes to an end soon, to say the least, today wasn't enjoyable at all.
Thats nothing, try working in this heat running 4 huge furnaces in a foundry melting aluminum and brass at 1500 and 2500 degress, I do that 8 hours a day , I drink 5-8 litres of water a day and only piss twice the rest i swet out.. If some of you dont know what a foundry is we melt metal into sand moulds making castings parts

this is what i do in this rediculous heat (me on the left)



Me on the left, see how close we are to the pots, when we pull those pots out there 1500 degrees



Here you can see the furnaces blazing heat all day !!!





This weather kills me - it gets so hot i get sick when i go home
:eek: now thats hot ,coveralls full ppe to boot....and here i thought i had it bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
When Im on the furnaces, I wear a long sleeve shirt,wrist bands for the swet, then i wear thick black swet pants full leather spats that cover my shins and top of my feet, then those heavy duty cover alls, heavy high heat gloves, and a face mask in the heat !!!! when i do the brass i wear a big heavy silver coat to reflect the heat plus a big respirator !!!! its alot of fun
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
I should get my dad to take a few pics of the huge furnaces that he works near and he is a burner/arker so he is literally touching these castings at 2500-3000 degrees :peace: not something i would want to do :cheers:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top