BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, yes another newby to the site. I have found this to be a great site with lots of information. I have been lurking for the past week reading as much as I can in preparation for my trip to the Harrison River next weekend.

We (my brother and his buddy) have a boat and we all have chest waders so access to different areas will be good. I have been reading up on Coho and spring fishing. I just hope to come back with something!

I have purchased an HMX rod 10.5 ft medium and have a calcutta 400 reel (I love craigslist). I have a few spoons (various sizes of crocs, kitimat, some spinners (mepps anglia, colorado, and have ordered some from bentrods), s couple of colours of wool, and am picking up some Roe from Berry's this week.

Any hints, tips etc to help make this trip a success would be appreciated.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome, you will have a great time on the Harrison this time of year.
Don't count out Chums, they love to bite purple and pink jigs under a float, and add a deli shrimp on the jig for even more action.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Welcome to BCFR. Yes definetly a ton of useful information here and a great bunch of people to share with. Sounds like you will have a good selection of tackle to work through on the harrison. I personally havent fished it much. When i did i used a fly rod for a bit then a gear rod with jigs. Good luck in your adventures. Looking forward to seeing a report when u get back.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome to the board. I am sure you will find this site a very friendly and informative place. Good luck on the water.​

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, you will have a great time on the Harrison this time of year.
Don't count out Chums, they love to bite purple and pink jigs under a float, and add a deli shrimp on the jig for even more action.

I just received some bentrods jigs - purple and pink - will give them a test on Saturday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.