BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hear every week about theft on the vedder. Mainly cars being broken into

Yesterday I fishing the vedder canal from about 10:30 am to 5:45 pm until I could not fish anymore. It was time for a break to relax and have a bite to eat

I turn around and see that my lunch bag has been stolen :mad:

Seriously?

This is an all time low for even the vedder. If people are stealing lunches then I don't know if I want to take part in this fishery anymore.

Aboslutely pathetic and to the jerkoff who stole it congradulations on your 5$ theft of my sandwich, 3 cans Pop and 1 apple

Hope this person choaks on it. Either way my day was done now that I was starving so I left with a empty stomach and more furious then even about the way people behave themselves.

Keep you eye on your stuff everyone cause they steal anything these days.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
LOL found that kind of funny. I could not fish the canal for that long and usually keep my lunch in my vest or truck as animals will try to get into any bag for a bite to eat. Are you sure it was a human and not a racoon a coyote or maybe even some birds that dragged it into the water? Heck maybe someone was doing some good deeds picking up garbage and you were so far away from it that they thought someone else left it behind... you just never know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL found that kind of funny. I could not fish the canal for that long and usually keep my lunch in my vest or truck as animals will try to get into any bag for a bite to eat. Are you sure it was a human and not a racoon a coyote or maybe even some birds that dragged it into the water? Heck maybe someone was doing some good deeds picking up garbage and you were so far away from it that they thought someone else left it behind... you just never know.
This was an insulated coleman style lunch pack that I purchased in the 80's. No way it was mistaken for someone else's lunch pack.
It was a person I'm 100% sure only I can't point fingers since there was around 15 people there.
This was only about 6 feet behind me but I was looking the other way fishing.

Birds or small animals would not be able to drag this away since it was pretty heavy.
I'm glad I didn't put my knife or digital camera in that bag

Pretty sad that it's come to this

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think a chum took it. Those things are hungry bastards.

Chin up pcf, people are having the car brocken into and all the fishing gear stolen. I think you got off easy.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
It's funny how we assume the worst at times only to find out we were wrong. I've done this myself. What
seems to make perfect sense couldn't be further from the truth. As rocky said chin up ol'boy , greater
things lie ahead.

Cheers Marko

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Im thinking it was one of the other fence posters there knowing you would get hungry sooner or later and with out any food to eat you would have to leave thus forfieting your spot so they could take it over...some food for thought...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It is funny how you say that it is impossible for a small animal to steal it as I have seen a mink take a rather large fish pretty darn quickly into the bush. Killed myself laughing as that fish belonged to a fishermen and the bush was way to thick for him to go into. Man was he pissed but it gave everyone else a really good laugh.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used to watch the salmon spawn on my great uncle's property when I was younger and watched a few mink pull some large dead coho out of the water that were probably close to 8 lbs. Also had a mink break into our chicken coop and kill and drag the bodies outside. They can be a surprisingly strong animal for their size, and extremely vicious.Based on their behaviour it would be highly unlikely for it to have been a mink.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stolen Lunch

:2cents:Hmm, just out of curiosity, what type of sandwich. If it waqs a really good one, then can we blame some one for stealing such a good sandwich.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hooooooooowwwwwwwwlllllling!!!! :) :) :)

we hear every week about theft on the vedder. Mainly cars being broken into

yesterday i fishing the vedder canal from about 10:30 am to 5:45 pm until i could not fish anymore. It was time for a break to relax and have a bite to eat

i turn around and see that my lunch bag has been stolen :mad:

seriously?

This is an all time low for even the vedder. If people are stealing lunches then i don't know if i want to take part in this fishery anymore.

Aboslutely pathetic and to the jerkoff who stole it congradulations on your 5$ theft of my sandwich, 3 cans pop and 1 apple

hope this person choaks on it. Either way my day was done now that i was starving so i left with a empty stomach and more furious then even about the way people behave themselves.

Keep you eye on your stuff everyone cause they steal anything these days.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It had to be Ham...

:2cents:Hmm, just out of curiosity, what type of sandwich. If it waqs a really good one, then can we blame some one for stealing such a good sandwich.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A good tip I just thought of I wanted to pass along.

You should check craigslist to see if anyone is selling an insulated coleman style lunch pack that I purchased in the 80's????

Worth a try?

·
Registered
87 Posts
3 cans of pop and only 1 apple? I think the perp did you a favour from preventing you from injesting all that carbonated sugar. He should be thanked, not publlically maligned. ;-)

PS sorry for your loss

·
Registered
15 Posts
someone might be hungry more then you?

Obviously someone was hungry and needed it more then you. It sure wouldn't turn me off from fishing. I'd gladly give you another cooler as people have left them on our boat over the years.:) If it was an animal not much you can do about it. I've heard stories of even Owl's swooping down and carrying away a person's catch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It was a really good sandwich. Especially when I go fishing I always make big heardy new york steak & cheese with all the extras
Apple was a red one and the pops were 2 x 7up and Coke
My lunch has been stolen from work as well many times before

3 cans of pop and only 1 apple? I think the perp did you a favour from preventing you from injesting all that carbonated sugar. He should be thanked, not publlically maligned. ;-)

PS sorry for your loss
You guys are damn funny and really cheer me up. Just reading the whole thread I'm laughing the whole time

I'm sure it was not a fisherman who took it more likely a person walking the whole river looking for a score.

Message here is just watch out when large crowds of 10 people are walking/talking around cause some of those are not fishermans. They wait until your not watching and grab whatever then can.

I agree with your guys that in this case the person was likely very hungry to be going for a lunch pack so let him have it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn that was funny! :D

I'm still chucklin. :) :) :)

Hate to say it but it kinda made my day.

Thanx for the rant.

Luved it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
WIth all the lowlifes that seem to come out of the woodwork on the vedder in the fall, they may have stolen it thinking there was a digital camera or wallet in it in addition to the lunch.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My lunch has been stolen from work as well many times before
Best way to stop that and find the culprit is a nice batch of ex-lax brownies!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts