BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the itch to fish Barkley Sound again soon and was wondering if there are any who fish Barkley for Halibut and Salmon on regular basis?

Specifically, when should I plan a trip for Halibut fishing this spring?

Thanks, 5-Salt

A

·
0 Posts
I fish Barkley sound quite a bit,the best luck i've had has been in july, my son and I caught two over a 100lbs last year.Any time from now to sept is good depending on the weather :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've fished the sound a few times, and I know the area pretty well. But I've always remained in the sound, never fishing off shore. Is it necessary to go off shore to find the hali's?

A

·
0 Posts
Right now the hali are closer in and some even move into areas like whittlestone,edward king and kirby, as the season goes on they will move to the offshore banks.You don't have to go out that far to catch them ,I've had great success without going more than 3 miles offshore

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the informaiton.

Very much appreciate the input Albernifisher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Barkley sound

spend the day fishing in the sound, left PA at 5 AM , zig zag between the nets and wanted to go of shore for some hali's but the swell,s where a bit to high for me, so I fished inshore, the wall, kirby,swale, but to no avail, nothing on the sounder, It looks like it is still to early. It was a great day and had to settle for a sun tan. Was home again at 8PM and after a dip in the hot tub i put my weary bones to bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts