BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been out since I lost my Sockeye virginity.

I caught 2 on the second to last day.

So I am just curious if any Chum are in the system yet.
Gotta get the smoker going.
I mostly target them at the mouth of the Harrison.

P.S.
I am still looking for a cheap Baitcasting reel

I will drive to where ever! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
any day now and they will be there! i here there is chum and coho rolling around at the mouth of the vedder!

·
Registered
612 Posts
A little early yet for huge chum numbers..They should start to appear in small groups soon...The coho should be here quick though..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm heading to the Harrison today, with a box of newly tied flies! Plan to fish the confluence with the Fraser. First outing this year! Will post a report later tonight.

·
Registered
555 Posts
How much of the harrison can you access by foot? I wanna fish there but don't know where to fish, or if you really can without a boat :?:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fished the Harrison Sat. and Sun. The chum are definately in the river pulled in many in the two days that I fished. Lots of old boots and a couple of nice fresh ones that were fun to hook in to. All released as carefully as possible to let them do their thing. Caught quit a few little cutthroats as well. Weather was good and lots of people out on the river. As far as access goes, the river is lower than I have ever seen it. I was fishing up by the pilings across from the outflow of the Chehaylus and watched two guys walk from the road over there and start fishing across from me. Amazing! There is almost no Harrison bay left it's all sand. We need some rain in a big way!

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice to hear Woody. The release is everything,I wish more fishers thought the same ......tight lines

·
Registered
3 Posts
Harrison

It's true, the Harrison is a low as I've ever seen it, and the endless summer makes the whole experience there a little wierd for this time of year. I'm more used to higher water and cool, rainy days. Nevertheless, the chum fishing was great today. I took my kayak and paddled to the mouth - fished from the beach and there were hundreds of chum doing what they do best, jumping and porpoising constantly in the eddy current. Hooked and released some fresh, ripe hens, so the run is in full bloom. All were hitting small pink and silver weighted flies, swung then slowly stripped. The takes were almost always at the end of the swing within the first few strips in. Great fun! No coho, but lots of action to get the kinks out of my monocore line!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I fished the Harrison on Sunday from the mouth of the Harrison up to the pylons. There were lots of chum in the river. My wife and I hooked a number of them. I think my wife might have hooked a coho too but lost it. Lots of fly fisherman on the river as well. Good fishing, beautiful weather but the water was low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts