BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been back in Boise for less than 10 days and I am already starting to think about next year's trip to BC.

Are there any catch and release streatches along the good salmon runs? I didn't even bother buying a Salmon stamp this year and probably won't plan on keeping any next year either. Just in it for the dance :) Since so many of the folks I've seen crowding the rivers are there for meat, I just wondered if there was anywhere that fish must be released. Seems like those areas would be much less corwded.

·
Registered
31 Posts
C&R

As far as i know they don't exist, but it seems like a great idea!

Every time I post this idea I never get any positve response, it's like all the "ethical" anglers only want ethics and to be able to take fish - I just don't get it?

Everyone bangs on and on about protecting the resources, yet no one seems to want C&R - I find it all a bit hypocrital at times - but hey what do I know.

cheers,

Paul.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
There are quite a few c&r rivers around...most I believe are up north and well worth checking out....the skagit near Vancouver for trout comes to mind...and a few select smaller systems that are very time and place specific can offer excellent fishing as long as keeping isn't on a person's mind. There are also quite a few more that aren't necessarily c&r, but have runs that are difficult if you don't know when and where to go... the squamish area has some good fishing and most people won't go there because they can't keep steelhead, and a hatch coho is so rare you might as well win the lottery, and the rivers are such that they require patience and delivery...places like these, are such that, as you cannot take any fish home, the river is a peaceful place again... :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm afraid I would fall into the don't know where and when category, spending one week a year in BC. We also have some comparably good trout fishing within an hour of the desk I am sitting at right now, so when it comes to something worth a day of driving, for me, that means salmon or steelhead. I may start looking up info on thesquamish area, though. I do have about a year before I really need to worry about it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.