BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok now that i ahve figured out teh right region lol brain fart i think lol i was thinking of heading down to the stave today or tommorow and was wondering is there any fish in the stave right now

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
they are catching chum already?? could that mean this is a big chum year ::) last year was nice because there was hardly any in the Vedder so it made fly fishing nice LOL

I would wait until October for the Stave like Rosco said and even then its just the beginning of what they get there for chum the bulk is in by the end of October but freshies still come in until Mid-November. great place to fly fish and if you have a boat you can get away from the crowding and the chum and get some Coho and possibly a spring.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
HOOK said:
could that mean this is a big chum year ::) last year was nice because there was hardly any in the Vedder so it made fly fishing nice LOL
From what we are seeing on the Kitimat and B/C chum numbers are not looking good for this year. I am hoping that the problem will stay on the north coast and we will be OK down here.

Chum are a little bit annoying when targeting other species, I totally agree. That said they are very important to our rivers and if they start to decline we will be in big trouble. They bring a huge amount of nutrients back with them from the ocean, in the form of their booted out rotten carcasses. They also take very little from the river as juveniles since they outmigrate as fry.

A wise man once said it takes 10 chum to raise a steelhead smolt, something to think about.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
There is always white fish in there as well trout. I would also try the lower Alouette(Pitt Meadows area) as you can get some great dry fly action there :thumbup:

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just live up the street form the stave and i usually bass fish jsut wanted to try something differnet but i guess ill wait for the salmon to show there faces lol and before anyone says anything no im not part of the bucket brigade lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.