BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend are looking to get our lines wet Sunday and looking for any recommendations. Maybe the Chehalis River or Harrison or Vedder? I have a brand new 8wt fly rod I've built, so I'm looking to get a couple Coho on the end of my line.

I'd appreciate any advise for a newbie.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Give the Harrison or Vedder a try, but don't expect much more than a few chum on your line. Have fun. 12-15 lbs of mad chum are great on a fly rod.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I found Micky Finns did the trick on the Harrison yesterday..The chum liked them anyhow.. :) As for the Vedder on the fly hit the lower end, but your best bet would be to park and walk..There'll be crowds despersed through out most of the popular spots, and every day is a bit different..However if you do a bit of walking there's lots of great fly water with little traffic.

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say hit the lower end and park and walk. Where abouts is this? I've never fished the river before.

Thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
Park near the rail bridge and walk down
or you can park at keith wilson bridge where the crowds are and walk up or down from there :D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
If I were you JBarns...I'd take that fly rod up to the "squish"...lots of chum and a few coho showing up too....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts