BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody caught a real nice chrome chum on the chehalis , its just one thing on my mind i cant stop thinking ,ive caught a couple with a little bit of silver,its just cause last october my friend said he was ready to kill another coho until he put the fish into the sun and you can barely see the bars i just cant believe that so i need to know here

the hatchery guys there say every year theyll always get a couple nice chum , but never chrome chrome

· Registered
909 Posts
Can't say I've seen that on any local flow :confused:
Mr Bare, I have caught chrome looking Chum on the Harrison before, but never that late by then they are pretty lit up in their war colors
CD

· Registered
3,796 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
professori said:
searun17 said:
Over the years some of the cleanest chums i have seen have come from the chehalis,the other system that has very clean chums is the squamish.
Fishfinder caught a chrome chum in the Vedder on December 23 this. There is a pic here: http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5614.0
Beauty fish and what a surprise for that time of year,i have seen some clean ones on the vedder over the years but very few that were that chrome.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Ive gotten chrome chum on the stave. Yes I know amazing LOL but if timed right they can be found on any river that has a run in it. FF's chum is probably the latest chum on the vedder that Ive ever seen in that good of condition.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally when someone's got proof , i cant see the the fish because im only half way there in posts to view the fishing reports section.but if you guys say youve seen them that far out from the salt i guess i gotta beleive my bud. like squamish is only a few kms from the salt so its easy to find but i mean vedder/chehalis thats 100-130kms away from the mouth so to see one thats rare just gotta wait to see that pic.

kingpin im not a meat harvester but when i hit the flow im always "ready to kill"

· Registered
90 Posts
I have never caught a chum in the chehalis that I would call "clean". I have caught a couple of clean ones on the vedder during times when we get a fresh dump of rain and some fresh fish move through (all of them were does). I generally do not target them in the fraser valley. The squish though is another story.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Man, I have seen a ton of silver chummers on the chehalis, they key is...fish the 1st rain of the fall, the early chums run right in from the fraser to the chehalis! I hooked 5-6 chromers is 3 days this yr up there! Oct 8,9,10 ;D then in november I managed to find and bonk a few chrome ones as well! just a matter of fishing different water then the old boots hang out in! its like a skill almost ;D

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Mike D. said:
Man, I have seen a ton of silver chummers on the chehalis, they key is...fish the 1st rain of the fall, the early chums run right in from the fraser to the chehalis! I bonked 5-6 chromers is 3 days this yr up there! Oct 8,9,10 ;D then in november I managed to find a few chrome ones as well! just a matter of fishing different water then the old boots hang out in! its like a skill almost ;D
Arent chum only open for retention Nov 1-30 on the chehalis?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.