BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Fish Finder said:
Mill lake has reportedly been fishing well lately. While in Abby last week, I drove over for a look. Saw a half dozen toons, and tubes on the water. I haven't checked the latest stalking reports, but it could've been stalked already.

Finder ;)
Stocked on Mar 6th with 600 catchables. 1000 yearlings were also released in early Jan. Looks like the lake will have good sustainability for a few years to come.

http://www.gofishbc.com/r2.htm

· Registered
517 Posts
people actually fish that lake? holy cow. i knew some people messed around with floats and pwoerbait, never knew anyone actually seriously fished it. my dad and i did once a few years ago. got sunked and the bottom of our red canoe came out covered in dark green sludge. never again. i wouldn't be eating any fish out of there. good on people that manage to catch and release some big ones there.

· Registered
787 Posts
I dont keep anything out of there, release everything, all my gear gets washed when im done fihsing there... as for the 7 fish that was an average day I usually get allot more than that but i wa sonly out for 2 hours.. Lots of people fish that lake.... I even seen people bonk those old half dead brood trout in there NASTY !!!! :-X Im suprised they even fight they way they do with no tails on them

· Registered
101 Posts
I was out on Monday for 2 hours. Got 6 to the tube, one being 22" long.
Sure it was last years brood stock, but still a bow that size out of a small
lake is still a rush. I fish Mill alot since the office is only five minutes away and
I keep my gear at the office, so when I get a few hours between clients I can pop
down to the lake and relax and wet a line. Right now I would fish the shallows
of the lake. Lots of fish cruising and eating. For the short time of sun on Monday
there was a small chironomid hatch in water 2-4 feet deep. Lots of fun.

· Registered
81 Posts
Tried Mill Lake again today. Lots of hits on the red butt chronomid but too slow and too much slack to hook one.

My other line however was killer. I was finger rolling in small, skinny pheasant tail nymphs and the action was pretty darn good. Many 10"ers a 2-lb'er and two bigger brood stock. The bigger fish had chewed off fins all over. Mutants.

All the fish are released back so it doesn't matter - just fun to catch on the 3-wts.

Cell phone camera pics kind of poor quality but you get the idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.