BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas just wanted to see if anyone has been up on Harris Rd (pitt meadows) & tried the river off the bridge lately.. I have not been up since the begining of summer & was not much action then. So i was wondering if its getting close to a time when something may be running the area. or if anyone has been there these past few months.. Any advice of whats comming & what to use..
Thx
Guys
Scott ( schlock) :thumbup:
Ps anyone wanting to go to harris anytime. I would love to go & will spit gas with you. I live out here in Pitt on Harris Rd..
So let me know
Thx

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Re: Anyone been up near river off Harris Rd

the salmon should start showing (chum and coho,not sure if it gets springs) pretty soon. possibly in the next couple weeks to a month. there is also resident trout in there but you have to hunt around to find them. Try calling Hatch Matchers in Maple Ridge they should be able to give you more specific details about the Allouette.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The fish should start to show up in a couple weeks but remember that there is zero retention on chum and springs and you may only retain 1 hatchery coho and they do not open till Oct 1. There are resident rain bows around as well as squaw fish. I have taken my 7 year old with the fly rods and have done well.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
those little squaw fish sure can entertain a kid when nothing else is happening. thank god we have something out there always looking for food that is fun enough for kids to catch all day long. I remember the post Flyguy and it looked like a great day to be a dad :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.