BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has being out doing any bass fishing not tring to start a fight just wondering thanks guys

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If you have a canoe try out widgeon slough. If you have no luck in the actual slough try the dock/boat garage at the slough/creek intersection.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
where is Widgeon Slough??

what else is in there besides bass??

can you target the bass on a fly rod??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I almost exclusively fish for bass with my fly rod.

It makes it that much more exciting. You can buy those big nasty
'bass' flys but I never seem to have much luck with them.

I often use a tom thumb (the biggest one I can find) or surface poppers.

Largest Bass to date on the fly is 15 inch.

Nick

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Widgeon slough is located right by widgeaon creek at the mouth of Pitt Lake. If you canoe across from the boat launch in Garabaldi Park you are at the entrance to the creek. Follow the creek up stream (or down depending on the tide) until you come to a fork in the creek. if you take a left you will be in widgeon slough, if you go right you will follow the creek toi the campsites. The slough allows motorboats at a speed restriction while the creek does not. The other entrance to the slough is south of the widgeon creek entrance (about 300 yards or so). I have had some fun with the bass in there on my fly rod but you can also catch lots of pike minnows and there are some cutties/bows/dollies that can be found in and around the slough/creek/mouths.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
or try any piece of water in abbotsford! mill lake or even fishtrap creek!

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you actually caught bass in widgeon i fish the slough that is on the same side of the parking lot

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
thanks for the info Steelie

i feel stupid now cause i actually grew up in Pitt Meadows and have been on Pitt Lake many,many times i just never knew what those other tribs were

ha ha and me i never thought to ask

and i have fished Mill Lake just never targeted the bass in there seeing as i have only fished there once and didnt even know if there were bass or not

however my dad(waginmaster) was there doing a St. Johns duty last year and was watching the bass breeding in the shallows near the lily pads

must have looked kewl. he even said some of them were ok size too

maybe i will have to give that a shot

what is the best way to target bass on a flyrod??

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
13 Posts
on these:

or these:

in or near the weeds.
this is a little one from sturgeon slough caught on a popper next to the weeds:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sturgeon Slough Boat Access??

I have fished Sturgeopn slough from the shore and I have seen people with large boats in there. How do they get their boats into the slough??
Thanks
Manoj
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts