BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out to a few lakes now this last week and no sign of my favourite bug. The weather has been less than favourable so the hatches may be a little late or sparatic. Has anyone had any luck with them yet? If so...what area, its creating a fever! Thanks troops.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was in the Roche Lake area a couple of weeks ago, and noticed a few traveller Sedges skittering on the surface of the lake but no takers yet. Like you said, the weather has been unsettled and a bit on the cool side, but I have no doubts that it will soon pick up. This past weekend, a good friend of mine was on Corbett Lake for a work-related fishing weekend, and he said that the weather was still unsettled. If I were to go fishing in the lakes this coming long weekend, I would defnitely pack a bunch of sedge dry flies (Goddards being one of my favourites because you can strip them and create a wake behind them), and some sedge pupas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have been going to a local lake here in vernon for the past few days and i used a few caddis's and had two fish landed, lost just as many and had a few risers almost take them. now is the time to start chucking them out. there has been lots of surface action on the local lakes lately. live 2 fly you wanna find out what lake pm me. cheers, tuber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.