BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of checking this place out. Has anyone ever fished it? If so what did you use for the Coho?

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you mean stearman creek in west van i have but never with any luck. i have seen fish around but never could convince one to bite. i was flyfishing tried all different kinds of flies. but you could use small buzz bombs or spinners.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As above, if you mean Stearman's Beach in west van, I really like it there. I have done fairly well both trolling and casting from shore. My experience has been that for shore based fishing the best time seems to be high tide in mid-september while trolling has produced best on the flood July to October. You have to be careful trolling as there seem to be a lot of grilse in the area at all times so you have to watch the rod tip closely to make sure you are not dragging them to their death.

it's a great alternative to the Cap mouth.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone been out to Stearman's beach yet this year? I may head out there this weekend and try to fish from Shore. Last year I had some luck with the Buzz Bomb from shore and was thinking of trying my fly rod this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts