BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Probably almost too cold to fish since then, line guides freeze over and stuff, I've played that game before. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I'm flexible.Those fishies must be getting awfully hungry, they haven't been fed in a week. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beauty, what river did that come from??

marco and wookie lmk what you want to do saturday... i say we meet at timmy ho's

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That's a beauty fish Sanderson! Lucky dog!

Hotrod

:p :p :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont see the fish pic Sanderson, am I missing some thing here? I need a nice fish picture to get my mind off all this Storm of 06 crap! :lol:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Nice fish sanderson...was it wild or hatchery? His eyeball looks kinda funny...Is that just something to do with the picture, or was there something wrong with its eye? Steelhead season is the absolute best time of year...I can't possibly express how fantastic it is that the time is upon us to fish for steel...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sanderson said:
I have a trophy 10' pin rod. I think its an awesome rod for the $$ at only $89 its a steal. Landed many cohos and steelhead with it. I also have a TFO 3113. Nice for bigger waters and a little heavier fish. I like to run 10- 15lb leaders on it and 6-8lb on the trophy. The TFO is a little on the heavy side but can take a beating and the 11' 3" size is nice on bigger waters. My fav rod though is my 13' St.Croix Avid. Awesome steely and coho stick as long as you work the fish hard with the rod and dont baby them. Its my favourite all around rod except for when chasing trophy fish or in high water when the TFO comes out.
Hi Sanderson,

could you tell me which rod was for the fish above?
I also found 13' St.Croix Avid is rated for 4-10LB. Is it still tuff enough to play hard?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice fish Sanderson! But alas, my buddy needs help finishing his shed. Or should it be like a fresh powder day on the Mountian. Instead of the phrase "No friends on a powder day!!" it could be changed to "No friends during steelhead season!!!" :D :D :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sanderson, thanks for your response!

I ended up as getting 13' Carp float fishing rod from GB and 11'6" Wildriver.
13' has fast action and has strong butt section but the Wildriver has much slower action and noodley butt.
I prefer the 13' for the feeling and handling.

I wish the 11"6' Wildriver had characteristic compared to the 13" Avid.

I like the full cork handles and rings of both rods very much as you do. They also feel much warmer on my cold fingers.

The British design of 13' carp rod was rated simlar to the Avid but it performed very well when I landed a 25LB spring on 12LB leader. The rod costed only $120 (used one on Ebay, more than 50% was shipping) but I should have bought 13" Avid if I could spend more $$$.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I still want to make that video on proper release sandy, it would help if you beaked up about your camera, and if you had made any other video's with clearer imagery. Like I said I just have a 5 mega pixel. What was that steelhead video done with?
Rib

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The camera is the Optio WPI, it is rather grainy in the video mode, and when you put it onto photobucket it can really blow.
I have some great video of steelhead fishing with excellent fish handling that would be great for a how to video, however they are revealing of some private spots that I'm not sharing on the web.
If your'e interested Rib, I will take my Sony digital camcorder( very good quality) and you can come with us on the Vedder this season and we will make up a fish handling video, that you can place on the web.
I think alot of new fisherman could use a eye view of proper handling and releasing techniques, especially after watching what the "fishing show' guys do.
Watching Italo land steelhead is very painful, local guys are only marginally better.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Watching italo, period. Is painful. :lol: 8) But the camera thing sounds like a good idea, I'd definitely be into that. I'll give my camera a try soon too...see how it pans out.
thx,
rib

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when i lived in ontario, i fished the credit river in scarbourogh and italo was there.
we were steelhead fishing and he was asking all sorts of questions, i later found it he bought a fish off a guy.
re-hooked it and let it go only to reel it back in for the camera as his own!!!!!!!!!!!

what a a$$ h0l3 that guy is

1 - 17 of 17 Posts