BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an article with Justin Gyger fishing the Goat River in Salmon Steelhead Journal for trophy steelhead. Anyone know if it is in the Terrace/Kitimat area? The pictures looked like the region. Also in the December issue of STS there was a trophy steelhead river in B.C called the "enchanted river" the pics were awesome. Any info on it or who guides it would be great. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
I was confused by this article as well because the only "Goat River" I know of is near Creston, BC. So I emailed STS Journal and they said it was in the Nass system. I am still confused. I would also welcome some clarification.

·
Registered
708 Posts
he creates his own names for rivers to keep the crowding down. Read all his reports and you won't see him mention the smaller rivers that the average joe can just drive to. Usually ony mentions by name the hard to get to stuff that you need a good boat or plane/helicopter and a lot of time to get to.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
It would be better to not say the name of any river in the magazine - just say "local flow" or near........ whatever or not publish at all. The author is just causing an additional problem for those of us willing to explore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.