BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any BCFR folk have made it down to the Cabelas in Lacey since it opened up? If so what did you think of the selection? I am looking forward to making a trip down in March and taking a look. I was at the one in Dundee Michigan a couple years ago and was amazed at the size of the place, I will be interested to see if the store in Lacey caters a little more to the salmon, steelhead and trout anglers out there. The store in Michigan had some good deals available in the Bargain Cave, and a few floor specials that were seasonal blowout prices.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
well if you read on the website about that specific store it is 185,000 square feet and has an Archery range in it as well as a shooting range!!! thats insane :happy: my dad and i were going to make the trip down for opening weekend but after gas and hotel we would have spent more than we saved so I just ordered my stuff online and i have it already. everything is comfortable fits great and is leak free ;D so far very happy

· Registered
58 Posts
I was actually down there 2 days after it opened. Quite an impressive store! Unfortunately because of the excitement and number of customers, much of their stock was depleted, I would wait another weeek or so if looking to go down. I don't know if you ahve been to a Big Bass Pro Shop or another Cabelas before, but very similar in size and scale. the Big bass in Vegas I actually found a little better than the Cabelas in Lacey. If you've never been to one, prepare to be blown away! EVERYTHING you can think of for ourdoors!

Killer prices too. Was looking at Abu 6500 reels for $75 and $85 as an example, plus with our stronger dollar, a hell of a deal (out of stock though). Other good deals... picked up some halibut spreader bars for $2 each U float tube with fins and a pump for the wife... $85... small multitool perfect for the float tube(maglight, pliers, knife, saw, can opener, screwdriver)... $4 ... tackle boxes (flat, clear with customizable dividers), Cabelas brand $1-4 ($4 for a huge one!)... just a few of the many things I got into trouble with.

I'm not big into shooting or archery, but half the top floor is devoted to that... I'm sure there are deals to be had.

Gotta make sure you're down there for a couple days though tomake sure you can bring more than $50 back! up to 48 hours $50 per person, 48-72 hours - $400 a person, 72+ - $750 per person.

Anyways, any questions, I'm happy to answer

· Banned
2,854 Posts
well just to try them out I bought a pair of their breathables so far so good got a pair of the lightweight boots also VERY comfy and super light dont even notice them and they dont fill with water at all. also got a vest but thats here nor there its just a vest has lots of pockets and fits great also very comfy ;D I got all this under 300$ canadian ;D VERY GOOD up here would have been double. I also support my local fly shop and buy lots of stuff there however i couldnt pass up these prices and if i dont like their products they also carry Simms ;D

HOOK

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Heading down early this Saturday AM ....... should be fun. I've been to the Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas ..... I'll provide my comparison after I get back. Not going out of need ....... just a great way to spend a day with friends. And besides ..... it's a GUYS ROAD TRIP ........ NEED I SAY MORE!!!

GOFISH 8)

· Registered
11 Posts
i live 5 miles from the new store and the salmon and steelhead section are the biggest joke in town. all of the local guys are laughing about it. very poor selection but there bass and walleye stuff isn't bad. the hunting and clothing are great. overall it is a really cool store but not for river fishing for salmon and steelies. if you haven't been to a cabalas you should go for the cool trophys and whatnot. it is a whole experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.