BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading out there on thursday morning to do some fishin, im not familiar with any of the rivers except the Campbell. I will be Fly Fishing for cutties , Also heard the Gold River is really good for Steelhead right now as well , just dont know how to get there and where to go

·
Registered
338 Posts
How do FishFreak,

I was just up that way over the weekend. I guess I missed the run of fish that went up the Gold early in the week. Fished it all day saturday, with a hookup first thing in the morning, then zip-all. The conditions were perfect, so if it doesn't rain by the time you get up there, things could be a little slow. But it is an easy river to find and to access. Just follow the highway untill you get to the town. There is fishing at the highschool, the golf course, the heli-pad, and beyond town right off the highway. Lots of water to explore above town too, and lots of it flyfishable if it stays a little low.
I worked the lower Campbell on Saturday, mostly just practicing spey casting, no fish and no surprise. I've had luck for cutthroat there in December, but never really fished it this time of year; I'd like to know how you make out. In both cases, I talked to a few other fishers, who gave me the same reports, so I don't think the problem was me this time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually fish the mouth of the quinsam on the campbell river side, and had a ton of sucess with with cutties there, will see though , im heading up to port mcneil for one day as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts