BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a variety of spinner stuff to make my own, my question is i have a bunch of the straight wires with 1 round eye on the end, how do i make a nice clean round eye on the other end and wrap the wire around itself so it doesnt look messy.. is there some sort of jig out there or is there something you can make yourself

The ones i make now are the simple colorado's with the 2 split rings 2 swivels pretty simple stuff but i want to make some fancy spinners to try !!!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
round jaw needle nose pliers will do the job. Princess Auto has a hobby kit with small needle nose, flat jaw, regular needle nose pliers and a couple different cutters for about $15.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
professori said:
round jaw needle nose pliers will do the job. Princess Auto has a hobby kit with small needle nose, flat jaw, regular needle nose pliers and a couple different cutters for about $15.
thanks prof. Princess auto is about 15 minutes from my work may have to stop there tomorrow after work

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeh to be honest the tool is not great
i have lots of pliers (handy man\ex electrician)and they work fine
if you have a work bench with a good vise (not a fly tying vise) and insert a nail you can bend the wire around this
Its great to experiment with different beads
you can also use the plastic blade holders that go directly on your line this way you can switch blades and beads to suit conditions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.