BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out on Saturday. Fished the mouth of the stave and many other spots up to chilliwack. No fish :'( What a beautiful; day on the water though :thumbup: We were using roe and some old freezer burnt lake trout cut up in chunks. If anyone has some advice on bait MY fishing buddy and I would be grateful :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The dinos of the Fraser take a short rest this time of the year. They are difficult to find, and harder to catch...Best thing to do is hit the river when the birds return....They dinos will liven up when the oolichans hit the river or that time of the year............By the long wekend in May, they start to wake up........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was out last weekend north of Hope (secret location)... from shore... brought in a 4 footer, hooked into something else huge that we had to break off as it was stealing all of our line! (can't really chase from shore) They're still out there! Just need to know where to look. 3" square chunk of freezer burnt salmon belly. I fish for the dinos all year round and am very rarely skunked. Just need to find a good hole!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I gotta agree with timofthee. They are still around, just need to find them. A buddy of mine has been doing fairly well. Planning on hittin the fraser for dinos at the end of the month once I get back from holidays.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Watch out for ice chunks, now that they r beginning to get saturated with water, they are beginning to become submerged slightly....crunch!

But yes, they are still around at this time of year, but I myself like to give them (and me) a rest, until at least march! thats when it picks up....or does it ::) Lots of fish under 5-6 feet are caught this time of year tho, so its not incredibly fun...especially when they r a bit lethargic....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.