BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,519 Posts
The cohos usually start to run around the 10th of september and shoulld be good for at le3ast a month or so.

Hotrod.

· Registered
135 Posts
Just got back from the Stamp 2 days ago. Lots of Springs but didn't see any coho during the 4 days that I was there.

I got a call today from a buddy in Pt Alberni this evening. He says that he has hit a couple of coho the last 2 days, but it not consistant yet, just the odd fish moving up.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went to the Stamp today basically to do some scouting seen some nice springs rising in the tidal water (closed for sporty guys)headed up Hector road spoke with some natives they were telling me they have a opening tonight not many coho around yet I chucked some flies around for a couple hours in the service road area really nice flywater thru there should get good in a week or so

· Registered
7 Posts
At stamp today, didn't see much in there but apperently they were stacked up at the trestle pool. When to the Somas though and there were tons of chrome springs moving through there all day. Hammered them. Pretty sure I saw a couple of coho jumping but not sure. Definately aren't in there in any large numbers.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
The report I got that there was 1000 hos moving through a day! All of them tight lipped due to low water conditions.

Hotrod

· Registered
38 Posts
FYI, got back from the Stamp tonight. water was a little low but in very good condition. Fish were very tight lipped and few and far between, saying that the fish counter at the Falls indicated that by 3:00pm on Saturday 600 cohos had passed through and 800 on the Friday, 2400 since the Labour Day weekend and only 5-6 thousand expected this year total.
Fished Service road and saw very few fish passing by. saw only (1) coho taken and lost a chrome spring around 15lbs ON THE SHORE :( .
Started raining on Sunday moring hopefully will trigger some action. good luck.

cheers. :wink:

· Registered
172 Posts
5-6,000 expected this year for a coho return?? Wow. Annually the Stamp has averaged 60-80,000 for the last several years. I cant see them allowing a fishery with that low of a return.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
I have never been to the island before, but I am heading there this weekend.
I was wondering if anybody here would mind giving me some kind of direction on where to go to hit up some good area's on the stamp. I know that people dont like giving up their "secret holes" but if someone could give me a general idea on where to head that would be greatly appreciated.
And to completly push my luck, if there is a map out there for it, that would be great.

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Well me and a buddy found our way there.
Fished the shooting range area and didnt get anything. Lots jumping and there were guys in a jet boat in the rapids doing well. Then we went up to stamp falls and checked it out.

It is so beautiful there that I didnt even feel like fishing. I just wanted to sit and take it all in!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.