BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Vedder Sept 17th

Fished the lower end on Sunday, chucked feathers and spoons to no avail. My buddy hooked a smolt of some sort that jumped and came loose . Did some scouting and saw a school of chum and a few spooked coho. Should be some fresh fish moving in with the rain we have been getting...good luck out there guys

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
271 Posts
A couple buddies and I fished 7am till 1pm. We fished up above On the Way and found it very low and quite slow. I managed a 15lb spring and a 6-7lb Jack and my 2 buddies got nada. Didn't hit any Coho and all the people that I talked to there was a total of 3 wild coho landed and released. Any report on the bottom end?? Should be good next weekend and hope for some rain.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was down at the bottom today I witnessed 1 guy get 5 Spring and a Chum from 12 to 1pm all between 10 to 15lbs. He was the only one getting anything. I live released one befor I could get it to shore (Spring) and a few other people lost some fish.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
umm no nothin is new, i finally as of 3 yrs went to check it out, lost out hard nothin there looked everywhere went to 6ln leaders nothin, 8 ppooooollllssss nothin, feww weeks rain and thyen it shoud be goin well once the water moves up n pools are discovered :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
lickman road sunday sept 24

Hey guys , I was at the ved this morning just upstream from the lickman rd parking lot. the water is dead low, we need rain big time, :lol: didnt see a single fish. the weather can change fast this time of year it will rain soon.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Nice little chromer merc!!! Definitely encouraging! Water seems nice and clear too....speaking of which,

Sorry to kinda hijack the thread somewhat, but... are they still doing gravel removal down there????
I took these pics a couple weeks ago and the work they were doing really clouded up the water beyond the conditions I prefer....

Now, it is my understanding that this is a necessary evil that really none of us can do anything about, but they usually finish before peak season don't they? There's also a pic of the pile of gravel they have stored on the lower river, that was once a flat lot where that car is...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
yes Rib

they do this every year

and they finished Saturday the 23rd because we were fishing the train bridge area when they broke through the last hole they dug at Lickman water got coloured very fats but was almost perfectly clear the next morning when we went back

fishing is just starting to pick up now

you should meet us out on the Vedder this weekend Rib i can show you my new pin

i have used it sat and sun and can cast pretty far with it already (not every time, but most of the time)

maybe you can give me some pointers as im learning it without any casting tips =. I would have to say im doing well by only seeing people do it over the last season or two

let me know if your heading out there

later

HOOK

P.S. we will be out at the canal area 6am saturday using fly and gear most likely

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey HOOK what up with everyone hitting the lower river? do you know something i don't?lol i was there on sunday and we drove down from KWB on the **** under the freeway to the other side and man never see so many ppl through out the whole channel lots of nice pools all the way down but like everyone says super super low water conditions i fished top to bottom on sunday and nothing! seen no coho bonked only a few stinky whites 20+lbs! HUGE springs hanging out under KWB... And hey ribby sorrry to rob your thread but how the heck ya doing? Just save some fish for the rest of us forum members!!! happy belated b-day dude!

C.K.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Thanks ck, belated or otherwise, it was a good one fer sure....and yeah hook I'd love to get out there and fish with you guys sometime soon, I have the new girlfriend fishing with a centerpin I bought some time ago, she's a natural!!!! It's just awesome to watch! but as far as fishing goes, weekends right now aren't good for me at all....working, then weekdays it's a gong show for me...just finishing up the degree at ubc so I probably won't get up there till october some time....

to tell ya the truth, I think the first chance I'll get to fish the vedder will probably be the holiday thanksgiving monday!!!! Talk about a bad day to go....huh? But hopefully my work schedule will be a bit different for october and we can meet up on a weekend guys...good to hear from ya as always....keep up the great posts, it's my only "fix" right now, I'll pm you guys when I know that I can get up there, and hopefully we'll do some fishing!
ciao fer now,
rib

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.