BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who likes which one better for trolling in lakes. I also like hildebrandt spoons. And what colors do you guys prefer. Im curious, My favorite kwikfish is black and silver.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I myself, prefer to troll Apex's over Kwikfish/flat fish. Since you have to troll super slow with kwikfish, (to get the correct action) I find it's a chore doing so. I like the Apex because you can troll it quicker and cover more water faster. Unless I'm wrong, this lure is designed to roll. I usually troll it on a sinking fly line with a 9 foot leader with another 4-5 feet of flourocarbon tippet.

I'm also partial to the black and silver...black with silver sparkles! I also like the Glitter Melon, Yotee Glow, Watermelon, Black Pearl and Rainbow Trout colours too. I usually start with the Black sparkle first though.

Cheers!

-Nathan in NW

·
Registered
30 Posts
my personal prefference here in the cariboo is the apex, but have had good success with the kwikfish as well at times. For the apex I like the trout pattern, fire tiger, and black sparkle for rainbow, pink/white and pink/silver for kokanee and occasionally the black/silver works when the pink is not. For the kwikfish I have had most success with the silver/blue with red nose. I troll both of these lures at around 3 - 3.5 km/hr. I do find that for best results a really flexible rod helps to impart more action.

Hope this helps
Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never use Apex but may need to consider. Black and silver kwikfish is a good one but I seem to have had most success with the frog pattern. Usually use the smallest and second smallest size (F2 and F3). As mentioned earlier, seems best to troll quite slow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The small ones eh, I have had the best luck with the k7's I dont even buy the small ones, but I've also never had any luck with the frog, but my buddy in the same boat was slayin em one day, while i was dragging the same thing around and not even getting nibbles.hahahha funny luck sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.