·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pat Lake --------------------- ice off and nice tasting trout
Jacko --------------------------ice is off
Nicola --------------------------is good to go
Edith lake--------------------- ice is off
Paul lake---------------------- ice is off as of wed. the beach area is open but the camp sites aren't.
Pinitan -------------------------ice is off
Pinaus & Lady King -----------ice off should be within a week (providing it warms up some)
Stump Lake------------------- is good
Squitto lake -------------------is about ready
Cambell Lake----------------- is about ready
Mogan -------------------------is producing (Single Barbless, Catch and Release only)
Bleeker -----------------------should be ready
Gardom------------------------ice has been off for a while
White Lake--------------------Ice has been off for a while as well

If you know of any other lakes that are ready for me to catch all the fish I can eat.....by all means, please post

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great post :D Please keep us updated.

Do u have any info on hihum lake :?:
I,m plannig a trip in early may.

Cheers Rocko

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Roche Lake

I haven't been to Roche lake yet, but I have heard that it is soon to be good, but that was almost a week ago....so...if you head out..it could be a hit and miss, but let me know either way Please.

Lady King and Pinaus Lake still have Ice...hopefully not for long tho....I live just east of Kamloops, and last week it snowed up here on a few different occasions (nothing Stuck fortunately)

The weather has been weird, so who knows about the lakes right now.

I am headed to the Lower Nicola this weekend for a job and it won't be an all day thing (watching drywall mud dry sucks) are there any lakes out there that anyone knows of that are thawed that i can take the family out to? We don't have a boat yet so it would have to be a decent "From Shore" lake. and somewhere that the kids can run around at. I have heard about Kentucky lake does anyone know anything about that lake?

Looking forward to catching my limit many times this year.....

Jason

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
question

I was looking in the regs book, and the south thompon has a thing on it saying "exempt, spring closure" does that mean no fishing for the spring closure or does it mean that it is exempted from the spring closure? Because other rivers and some lakes have it saying "no fishing from ? date to ? date" I am unclear as to how this works, and I don't overly want to get a fine or my stuff taken away....hahaha

On calm days it is a nice place to go with the wife and practice our fly fishing.....cause we don't know what we are doing.....

Please Let me know

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: question

KamFam said:
I was looking in the regs book, and the south thompon has a thing on it saying "exempt, spring closure" does that mean no fishing for the spring closure or does it mean that it is exempted from the spring closure? Because other rivers and some lakes have it saying "no fishing from ? date to ? date" I am unclear as to how this works, and I don't overly want to get a fine or my stuff taken away....hahaha

On calm days it is a nice place to go with the wife and practice our fly fishing.....cause we don't know what we are doing.....

Please Let me know

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Exempt spring closure means you " Can " fish. Nymphing is highly recommended. Try small dark, weighted stonefly, mayfly and caddis patterns. Good luck! The fishing can be outstanding particularily before run off starts as the trout are confined to much less water and are hungry for any hatch activity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts