BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has caught any monster rainbows in there recently... ;)

my personally record for buntzen is six pounds :thumbup:

but my dad has caught an 8 pounder just past the double islands and we lost one that was at least 12 + pounds :eek: at the side of the canoe because we forgot to bring a net :'( :p

all were caught on ford fenders + wedding ring + worm trolling down about 12 - 15 feet...

good luck. :thumbup: :beerchug:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Buntzen Lake

Wow thats very big. Never hooked one even close to that in there and I have fished that lake quite alot. Biggest was probably 3lbs 18" or so.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I have lived in anmore for the last 11 years and fish buntzen quite often. I have never seen a fish over 18inches. Nor have I have seen a picture of one or ever heared of one that big. did you get these fish a while back?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts

Generally speaking, rainbows do not grow over 5 pounds on coastal lakes. The lakes just don't have the nutrient balance to sustain a larger fish population. Could it be another species? Did you actually see the fish that was lost?

Cheers!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

my dad got a cutty in there very deep down on a leech and it had to be 5-6lbs :thumbup: took him a good 10-15 mins to land it which was awesome. and released of course :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

it was about 5-6 years ago we had this one summer....i tell u....we also caught a half a dozen 16-18 inchers that year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.