BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my Dad last night to try and get him his first steelhead on his new centerpin before he gets too old to fish anymore. The visibility was almost unlimited with a hint of color and slightly higher water then normal. We worked our way through some nice slicks behind boulders and a few deep trofts but came up with nothing and we finally made our way to a deep choppy gut of about 6 feet with walking speed water. I handed my Father a pre tied colorado blade leader and told him to put it on. First cast as his float reaches the end of the tailout the fish slams the blade. The fish was a bright silver doe and as it neared the beach the hook popped out. He was still very happy to hook his first on his new reel. We headed out after that to end the trip on a good note. Tight lines all.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Fishing with family is always special. I never had the opportunity to fish with my dad (he died when I was 3), which is exactly why I take my kids every time I go out.

Glad your dad got one on his new reel; It's too bad he didn't land it :(

· Registered
898 Posts
I wish i had a son to take me out more :happy: :happy:
My daughter likes to fish but she lives in Scotland :-\
And my Dad lives in England :-\
SteelieCrazy glad he hooked into one gets the blood pumping nicely :thumbup:

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Britguy said:
I wish i had a son to take me out more :happy: :happy:
My daughter likes to fish but she lives in Scotland :-\
And my Dad lives in England :-\
SteelieCrazy glad he hooked into one gets the blood pumping nicely :thumbup:
That sounds like the perfect excuse for a family fishing vacation :thumbup: :happy: :beerchug:

· Registered
898 Posts
Whats your yearly income? I could use a new dad.
:2cents: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Maybe i could join a big brother organisation
all for getting the kids involved in fishing

· Registered
898 Posts
sorry SteelieCrazy not trying to hijack your post
just liked to hear about families fishing together

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.