BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first dino :happy: a buddy and I picked up some oolies and put the boat in at mission. Fished four differnet holes an pulled fish out of three of them. We landed two each and I lost 2 more. The first 3 fish were all around 3ft and the fourth (mine) ;D was a good 4-4.5ft Can't wait to get out and do it again :thumbup:

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have nothing to compare it to but for the size it put up a hell of a good fight :thumbup:
I'm guessing by the length-weight charts I have read these fish don't start to fill out until they reach 5ft or so...
48 inches= 33lbs 60 inches = 65 lbs

· Registered
3,378 Posts
The weight charts for sturgeon vary greatly with the amount of food in the river and the time of the year....These fish appear to be fairly dormant in the winter months and are just now becoming a little easier to catch....They are always present, but pretty shy to take a bait in Jan & Feb. for some reason.
I have caught 5 ft. fish this time of the year and their girth is generally smaller. I have caught 5 footers in November that are downright fat!! It's really the girth measurement that tells the story...That fish of yours looks healthy and fairly streamlined.....If you catch it again in the fall I suspect it will be quite a bit fatter, not much longer but plump..............Ortho 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.