BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day at the river today, better than work. Covered a whack of water, landed a nice 20 inch Bull trout on one of Bent Rod's Chartreuse jigs, garnished with a tasty piece of pink dyed bait. It was so nice to be ALONE on the river. ;D Still no steel love on that river this year, and running out of time! :wallbash:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Once you get into one, keep fishing runs around there and that run, the seem to be gathering in schools right now, and there are tons of fish around. Landed a nice chromer wild today at around 7 (got out at 5:30). AT LEAST 14 pounds, and have a friend that can back that up.... last 3 days Ive hooked 7 and landed 5 (all have been bullets). 3 were on free hanging roe (no cure, just borax), 1 was on roe bag, 2 on spoons, 1 on shrimp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Every Day said:
Sorry to hear that. Once you get into one, keep fishing runs around there and that run, the seem to be gathering in schools right now, and there are tons of fish around. Landed a nice chromer wild today at around 7 (got out at 5:30). AT LEAST 14 pounds, and have a friend that can back that up.... last 3 days Ive hooked 7 and landed 5 (all have been bullets). 3 were on free hanging roe (no cure, just borax), 1 was on roe bag, 2 on spoons, 1 on shrimp.
I can back you up on that myself. I was on the flow on Monday April 21 and I hooked onto 6, landed 4 and bonked one 12 pound doe hatch that was weighed in at On The Way Store.

Ogo, look for steady (but not too fast moving) water with corridors of large rocks lining the river bed and if there's fish lurking, they will be in and around them (especially in clear water). Cast slightly upriver and keep your line tight and allow your bait or hardware to sweep adjacent to the rocks. Go slightly heavier with lead to slow your drift.
I'll even go as far as to say, go small and bright. Yes, even in clear low water (it's a contradiction to the do's and don'ts, but its a great way to piss off the fish) :thumbup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
In the last 2 days Ive hooked another 4, landed another chromer wild about 8 pounds and lost a chromer hatch right on the beach yesterday, Im having so much fun can't wait till tomorrow !!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Must be nice Everyday. Your really living up to your name.
I can't wait until the little Coho move into my home river so I can fish everyday as well!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
ogobogo said:
Spent the day at the river today, better than work. Covered a whack of water, landed a nice 20 inch Bull trout on one of Bent Rod's Chartreuse jigs, garnished with a tasty piece of pink dyed bait. It was so nice to be ALONE on the river. ;D Still no steel love on that river this year, and running out of time! :wallbash:

I think someone needs to learn how to fish or spend a day with Hotrod! ( touche! )

Hotrod
8)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Don't you hate that you have to kill your first hatch..... I didn't listen to the "law" when I landed a 14 pounder chromer on April 2nd. It took me till 5 days ago to even hook another fish and 4 days ago I finally got another hatch which I killed. Since then I've been averaging 2 fish per day :happy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Better enjoy it. Times running out, unless you chuck flies down low. ;)

It's fun just catching fish, retaining them isn't really high on my priority list, but being so late in the season, I figure I should keep at least a couple for the BBQ. :yummy:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would have LOVED to have ONE for the BBQ this year! We caught 5 in total between the 2 of us and all of them were wild :'( Not very good odds - I guess its time to get the boat out on one of the lakes and at least try for one of those. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.