BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to sneak the day off and play in gods country for the day..... The morning started off wet with a heavy down pour but once I made my way up river the rain had eased off and it turned out nice.

Started to drift the shore looking for the tell tale signs of cuttys on the hunt. Wasn't too long before I spotted them. first 1/2 hour nothing then all of sudden all hell breaks loose behind my boat. A large school of fresh fish are on the hunt and I'm the only one around. YEEE HAAAA...... First cast and WHAMM one hits my muddler, the fish erupts out of the water and starts to run. After a short fight I un-hook the little wild fish and away it swims. The fish are still hunting fry behind my boat so again I cast too them and WHAMM a second fish hits me, after another short fight I un-button him and let this hatchery fish swim away. In the span of 2 hours I hit and hooked half a dozen fish, the biggest fish was the last one I hooked this morning, a nice fat 16" hatchery. This one came home with me as my dinner guest for tonight. ;D

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Re: Cutthroat

Beauty Cutt there Bill... :thumbup: I played with a couple on the weekend as well, the highlight being in my new avatar, but I must say it's not nearly as nice a specimen as that one you had there...that's one fat fish...awesome!!!

:thumbup:

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Re: Cutthroat

Addicting...absolutely... :thumbup: Hunting, watching, waiting...seeing a fish boil, then another...madly casting just ahead of the fish, then that sudden jarring take as they slam the fly...quite the rush!!!
Love those fish...!

The lake was really low as well...real soon now though we'll start to see the freshet...

:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.