BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if the rain effects the fish moving into the system like it does with other smaller costal rivers and tributaries? From what I know of the smaller systems the fish will wait to enter until there is a good push of fresh (rain)water before they will enter the system. Is this true of the Fraser as well?

·
Registered
101 Posts
In my opinion the fish in the fraser typically are not affected as much by the rain,the river is much bigger and carries a higher volume of water,the main thing that pushes the fish up the river is the changing of the tides,they typically move up river on an incoming tide which not only gives them more water to move upstream in but it also allows them easier access moving with the tide change rather than swimming agianst it,while smaller streams are more affected by the rains it really only makes a big differance when the water in the stream is very low,this is when most of the fish will wait for rains to raise the water levels to give them easier access up river.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.