BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been out to Vedder for a few times and had always been unlucky. That's why I'm hoping I'd be able to get a share of luck when the white springs are in the system. I've heard they are aggressive and the only problem is how to land them, not how to get them to bite, as these are big. Anyways, thanks for the feedback as I am itching to drive to Vedder again. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,519 Posts
The white spring train has been in for a few weeks now in the vedder! Go get'um my friend :cheers:

Hotrod

· Registered
876 Posts
I've been getting them since the 1st week of september :thumbup: They are def in there, and are starting to show up in good numbers. Next week there should be tones with all this rain we are getting and going to get :happy:

· Registered
290 Posts
there are quite a bit of white springs out there and they have been there for awhile. a lot of them are just hanging out in a pool and slowly moving up the river since its pretty low during the weekend. but find yourself a nice pool with very little people or else you'll have a bitching time just trying to get one to bite. tons of snaggers out there that are just making the fish very tight lipped.

· Registered
876 Posts
young gun said:
need to fish 8lb leaders, anything else heavier other than flouro they dont hit it
That is true.... this year has been MUCH more difficult thatn previous years. First of all I have been finding that the springs are taking bait so light that all your float does is twitch. I have only had a handfull actually take my float under, so keep your eyes on the water at all times. Secondly they are acting like Steelhead in the way that you drift need to be "natural" and you need to be using light gear or they wont even touch it :hmmm:

By the way, river is way up and dirty. Tons of fish will be pushing through right now, when the river comes back down there will be tons of fish to be had. :peace:

· Registered
917 Posts
I've been using 10 lb fluorocarbon leader. I find this to be similar in diameter to 8 lb maxima - which is actually stronger than the fluorocarbon IMHO. Broken off lots of fish, but landed my fair share too.

Thanks for the water conditions update ED... :thumbup:

· Registered
876 Posts
You can use spoons on 50 pnd braided line and even coho will still hit. The guy beside me told me they wouldn't hit anything over 10 pnd test (last year in a backwash), I proved him wrong :happy: (he also told me my spoon was too big :hmmm:). The reason behind this is because the fish get pissed off and are hitting no matter what, they are not looking at your line. When you are short floating roe, wool the fish are looking at the bait and if anything seems off (a shiny peice of line leading into the bait) the don't want anything to do with it.

· Registered
898 Posts
so if the water is up and dirty leader size won't be an issue
Find a holding spot, stick on a big glob of roe and you will be fine :thumbup:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks for all the responses. It inspires me to take the road and drive down East again. Now I know why I wasn't getting a bite :wallbash:. I'll save for this weekend's gas for sure. I think I feel lucky this weekend.. :D

· Registered
36 Posts
in the river for a couple of hours on monday hit it hard three landed one bonked all hit on 10lb flourocarbon leader and colorado gear.two feet of float and about a foot and a half of leader, with about two inches of lead. In and around lickmen area. B

· Registered
149 Posts
Mike D. said:
Everyday & Young Gun, you guys are heroes! take me fishing soon? ;D I've never landed a spring on 8lb test before as my other lines are too shiny, I need assistance ASAP
exactly even Bill Herzog says on the book its not about the line maybe they are right and Herzog is wrong

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.